Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seize & Secure Abnormal Gameplay

4 posters

Go down

Seize & Secure Abnormal Gameplay Empty Seize & Secure Abnormal Gameplay

Post by Hazarath Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:10 pm

In case you didn't know, most S&S games are under 3 minutes, and Nexon set it up so that any game under 3 minutes is considered abnormal gameplay. Therefore MOST games don't reward the GP/XP.

I say we take advantage of this and make a name for ourselves. Let's help rebalance S&S. With the permission of a majority agreement from the Congress(Right now, let's just depend on the members we have for debating/decision making.), I'd like to propose a plan to get S&S's abnromal gameplay problem to be notified by Nexon. Preferably addressed by General G himself.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Seize & Secure Abnormal Gameplay Empty Re: Seize & Secure Abnormal Gameplay

Post by mrfarhan Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:42 am

I have been in Delta doing CTF games, and I must say that the measures put in place to prevent powerlvling is lame.

In capture the flag, you cannot end the game before 18:59.
If you manage to raise the flag as soon as the game starts and defend it for 2 minutes, it will be considered abnormal gameplay.

You can't help it if your team dominates the other team. We need a better system.

So yes, I support this. We need to rebalance S&S.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Are you guys not taking this seriously or something? You guys should be posting on the Nexon forums by now and encouraging tickets to be sent, spamming state of addresses, etc. Make sure to include FFCA signature in your posts!!!

Basically, do the same thing FAAT did. But the one difference between FAAT and FFCA is that we'd ALREADY have a list of supporters before we even post our suggestions, instead of having to rally for them. This saves a colossal amount of time by not having to do things like campaigning or making ads. Right now, we're still making ads and stuff.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Spam them with?

Shouldn't we organise our stuff first before presenting them to the other forumers? Makes us look more professional and serious about FFCA.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:01 pm

mrfarhan wrote:Spam them with?

Shouldn't we organise our stuff first before presenting them to the other forumers? Makes us look more professional and serious about FFCA.
Indeed. Surprised

Spam the state of addresses all with the same copypasted message that we type up for all FFCA members to copypaste:
Something that helps General G see how S&S is never played. We need to hurry with this!!!!

To help FFCA get started on this short proposal to the community:

Introduction should be us rallying, saying how would you like S&S to give the amount of GP/XP worth your time.

Body paragraph should be our actual suggestion: I suggest S&S to be round based. Rounds able to be chosen from: 2 rounds, 3, 4, 5, 7. IMO. Criticize and change this however you like, remember to consult all other FFCA members on this!

2nd&3rd body paragraph will expand on the general ideas given in the 1st body paragraph: We will explain why it's XX rounds to XY rounds for R reason, and why round based being added will prevent powerleveling and games from saying abnormal gameplay.

Final Para. will be a short wrap-up, telling players what to do to have FFCA's ideas implemented: i.e. Spamming tickets and state-of-addresses, much like what FAAT did. Btw, for MAJOR things FFCA will be doing, we'll also be doing promotional videos&in game rooms, signature ads, (super)megaphones for them.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:58 pm

I posted a little something in the Battlegrounds section to see if we can get some good feedback there.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:41 pm

So what changes did the community want? Update pl0x.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 am

Interesting comments:

Yummy:
1) IT GIVES HORRIBLE EXP
2) 50% OF THE TIME IT SAYS "ABNORMAL"
3) It is sorta boring.. if 1 team is better they win.

Saygoodbye:
This mode completely fails. I've played that mode and 3 times a row, we won without the team capturing the flag at least once. I'm assuming that if the other team doesn't capture the flag at least ONCE, then it is considered as Abnormal Gameplay.

TomatoSquish
1) Not if the game goes on long enough... I had one today that rank the full 8 minutes, gave 180 exp and almost 200 GP (was 40-20 for kdr though maybe that helped)

2) That is because both teams have to raise the flag at least once... a concept most nuckleheads that play it dont seem to understand even after th 20th abnormal gameplay message.

3) I can't argue this.

My ideas to make it better?
Get rid of winning by having hte flag raised for X amount of time consectively... let the time run out.
Add new times, 4 minutes, 6 minutes, 8, and 12?
Instead of having the game end when the bar fills for a raised flag, give the team an exp/gp bonus for time spent with the bar full.
Scale the base and maximum exp allowed (not counting bonuses for copious amounts of kills) to the time length... this way you wont have to nerf the exp for power levelers.
Make the flag actually raise and lower while players on it.... With this have a continued raise until the flag is all the way up. I suggest keeping the time to lower the enemy flag and raise your own roughly the same... maybe 30% longer. What I mean by continued to raise is if say you are covering for a teamate and he gets sniped then you take out the sniper you can finish raising the flag from where he left off.
Thats all I can think of...

Indygo: Personally, I like the mode as is. So people are qqing about
the reward factor. I really could care less (but it needs a buff
anyway
). If people played it more, then maybe some new
tactics on this mode would arrive, but as it is, this modes
DEA. I just love the tug a war effect happening in this mode.

And Zirrick's idea.

http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/2/5947225/ShowThread.aspx

So the main things players don't like S&S is because of the frequent "Abnormal Gameplay" and the lousy exp/gp reward.

I like tomato's idea.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:28 am

Come on guys, we need to discuss this topic.

Abnormal Gameplay on S&S is really bugging me.

2 games in a row without EXP/GP..
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:07 am

Well guys, this is what happens with an understaffed community:

Nexon got to it before we did:
http://combatarms.nexon.net/News/View.aspx?boardNo=101&contentNo=009q3

:/

Let's hope this doesn't happen again.

Now I'm glad Nexon got to it, but the unfortunate thing is, all the work we've put into this now is wasted.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:13 am

I'd like to think that these S&S Abnormal Gameplay fix was because I started a thread asking for feedback from the forumers Very Happy

But what I'm really worried about is CTF Rewards have undergone balancing changes .

I like CTF and it already gives horrible EXP. Hope this 'balance' doesn't bring the exp down any further.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Hazarath wrote:all the work we've put into this now is wasted.

But I guess it makes decent practice. :3

And MFarhan, not to rain on your parade, but the effort put into this push was haphazard. It was hardly organized, and in order for it to be effective, it requires the effort of everyone here. Now, I know we're all anxious to get to fixing this, and while this issue was a bit pressing, we really need to wait on the results of the CoA poll before we start distributing effort to places it isn't desired to be.

That being said, it's great to see your initiative, and I can only imagine the results you'll help us achieve with tenacity such as yours.

So respectfully speaking: Thanks, but no thanks. :3
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

https://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Joo nub Very Happy

Nah. I joke.

But in all seriousness, they fixed the issue because there were a lot of people on the forums complaining about it. So it's still a community effort. We should be happy they actually listen to the community.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:09 am

Nothing is completely wasted yet. What about if we change the subject of this post to effect the horrible exp and gp gain you get. At least 90-100 exp is sufficient enough. I got 50 exp today...

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:19 am

Eh. But if we were to work on this now, this is no longer categorized as a bug, it's more of an in game feature improvement, which is MUCH LOWER on our agenda :/

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:25 am

Hazarath wrote:Eh. But if we were to work on this now, this is no longer categorized as a bug, it's more of an in game feature improvement, which is MUCH LOWER on our agenda :/

True, True well do you see anything else that could be improved on SS? If not then this post should probably get locked...

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:26 am

Actually, I would like a redesign of the flag point.

Seriously, the flag looks ugly.

but then again, this is not one of FFCA's main concerns.

so inb4lock? Very Happy
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:28 am

How about this: Lock and make a new thread for improving S&S in the game balance section.

imo game balance section needs to be split up into 2 subforums: map/game mode balance and weaponry balance.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:38 am

Yeah sounds like a good idea but with the sub-forums we should probably wait until more members arrive before we start splitting up sections,.

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum