Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebalancing LAW and RPG

+2
AppleJax
Hazarath
6 posters

Go down

Which one is better?

Rebalancing LAW and RPG I_vote_lcap14%Rebalancing LAW and RPG I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Rebalancing LAW and RPG I_vote_lcap29%Rebalancing LAW and RPG I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Rebalancing LAW and RPG I_vote_lcap43%Rebalancing LAW and RPG I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Rebalancing LAW and RPG I_vote_lcap14%Rebalancing LAW and RPG I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Rebalancing LAW and RPG Empty Rebalancing LAW and RPG

Post by Hazarath Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:41 am

http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/6142481/ShowThread.aspx#6142481

Primary version of LAW/RPG: Same thing as right now EXCEPT with a Draw Away time of 5 seconds.

Support version of LAW/RPG: OHK but only 1 rocket, no refills at all. Of course, it takes up a support slot. This is the true "use and throw away" rocket launcher that LAW is WHILE KEEPING the LAW we've grown to know and love. Oh, and increase rocket speed.

I propose that the primary versions of the LAW and RPG are called: "LAW MOD" and "RPG-7 MOD"

OR

http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/5804438.aspx

Here's my opinion on this:

LAW and RPG, ANY area of effect weapon is too easy to use.

Fact is, things like rocket launchers in this game, take less aim to use than actual guns while netting you debatably more or the same amount of kills as say an UMP user BUT with much less effort. Not as bad as things like turrets, but bad enough to deserve a nerf.

And if it's easy to use, meaning, easier to get kills with than say a G36E even, then people WILL complain, because then, you have something too noob friendly. Too easy to use.

What nerf LAW and RPG needs is:

Both nerfs will prevent "noob tubing" methods like: Going into an enemy base and aiming at the ground getting free kills by suicide bombing. Popping out of a corner with 25% speed and SOMEHOW being able to accurately aim a ROCKET LAUNCHER into a group of people.

No crosshair at all and spread will apply to it, and the spread will be as high as a sniper rifle's when unscoped. You have to scope in with the iron sight to actually shoot with its original no spread accuracy. While scoped in with iron sight, you are as slow as someone with -20% speed carrying a K3. This prevents people from rushing campers without needing to aim like a real rusher that uses a SMG.

They need a portability decrease. This is a support weapon. Not a rush-into-enemy-base-while-aiming-at-ground-and-getting-a-multi-kill-on-people-that-just-spawned weapon.

To discourage people from doing suicide bombing techniques, if the you are in the vicinity of the rocket's blast radius, the rocket will hurt YOU more than it will hurt opponents. If you are within 2/3 of its blast radius, you will automatically deal 150 damage to yourself. Why 2/3? I figure if you fire a rocket that close, that obviously means you are trying to get cheap kills by shooting a rocket, then taking out a SMG to finish him off before he can react/hide in cover while you change weapons at NO HP COST TO YOU. Since you can fire the rocket and hide under cover before the rocket hits a surface so that you take no damage, but your opponent does.

Small buffs to counter its NOW harder to use, respectable level of skill needed to use a LAW or RPG:

If you actually hit your enemy's body on any location, you will NOT deal an OHK, but enemy will be left with 1-3 HP ALWAYS. This is so that rocket launcher users that actually aim will have bigger benefits from using them properly. If you hit the enemy on the head or the back, you WILL OHK, and headshot sign will pop up if you hit head. You will literally see their head blow up. This also applies to zombies to a lesser extent in things like fireteam and quarantine especially. Let's talk quarantine zombies: Hitting back= 2.0x damage multiplier. Hitting head=2.5x damage multiplier. Hitting anywhere else ON BODY=1.5x damage multiplier. Hit ground but blast radius affects zombies=exact same as current rocket damage.

You can choose a modification for rocket launchers. This is a ammunition type modification, a new mod that I hope Nexon will introduce along with things like explosive shotgun rounds, tracer rounds?, etc. EVERY rocket launcher will have the choice of buying a rocket mod for 500 GP per day(you figure out the cost for more days.). This mod makes your rocket launcher an OHK discardable weapon. What this means is that the LAW/RPG will OHK if you buy this weapon, BUT you are limited to ONE SHOT. Keep in mind the spread, portability, and iron sight necessity nerf is still applied to it. You can take this mod off at any time.

These nerfs and buffs will NOT apply to the super spy rocket of course, because super spy would be underpowered without an OP'd weapon to help fight 15 enemies at once.

What I HOPE this will do is make LAW/RPG less disliked and more popularly used without people QQing about them WHILE keeping it effective to use BUT at the cost of needing more skill to use than our current state of rockets.

[quote user="Kaleb2525"]
I say make explosives secondary weapons, as as a stand alone weapon, they dont come close to a ohk sniper or a ump/p90 for close quarters.

at the moment, the only way to use them very well is to fire rocket into room, quick switch to pistol, ohk everyone with glock...

making it a secondary keeps people from pistol switching without using that valuable backpack slot for a pistol...

[/quote]

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Rebalancing LAW and RPG Empty Re: Rebalancing LAW and RPG

Post by AppleJax Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 pm

The only thing I'd want is it to increase damage at longer ranges. Starting at 25M, it's a very weak OHK and if it's not almost directly on you, you survive it. Then, the farther it goes, the stronger it gets, making it so that even it you get "clipped" by it, it does 90 damage minimum. That would stop the people who shoot it at their feet to try to get free kills in CQC.
AppleJax
AppleJax
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:58 pm

If the problem seems to be players suiciding in cqc with a LAW/RPG, Apple's idea will work out fine.

I also hate how the rocket travels so slow..
Increasing the travel time would make it much more effective at longer ranges imo.

Also, I came across an interesting idea.

LAW - OHK with a larger splash area, but with only 1 rocket.
RPG - Weaker, Medium 2HK, but with 3 rockets.

This idea + damage increasing as the distance increases would make it more effective and worth buying, while not making it too OP that people would LAW themselves in cqc just to get free kills.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 pm

mrfarhan wrote:If the problem seems to be players suiciding in cqc with a LAW/RPG, Apple's idea will work out fine.

I also hate how the rocket travels so slow..
Increasing the travel time would make it much more effective at longer ranges imo.

Also, I came across an interesting idea.

LAW - OHK with a larger splash area, but with only 1 rocket.
RPG - Weaker, Medium 2HK, but with 3 rockets.

This idea + damage increasing as the distance increases would make it more effective and worth buying, while not making it too OP that people would LAW themselves in cqc just to get free kills.

I have an even better idea. Make it so it has a 10-15 meter or so "activation range", where it won't explode.
This would apply to all launcher type weapons, the LAW, RPG, and M32, excluding the super spy launcher, since the super spy is gimped already.

If you hit them with the rocket, it will do 50 damage, but still won't explode.

All rockets will also become one hit kill when the explosion is activated, from a 3 meter radius.

To balance this, rockets will curve to the sides, or up and down, unless you use the new sights that come with the rocket launcher, to make people have to actually aim when you use them.
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Simplybeir Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:15 pm

AppleJax wrote:The only thing I'd want is it to increase damage at longer ranges. Starting at 25M, it's a very weak OHK and if it's not almost directly on you, you survive it. Then, the farther it goes, the stronger it gets, making it so that even it you get "clipped" by it, it does 90 damage minimum. That would stop the people who shoot it at their feet to try to get free kills in CQC.

I agree.

My idea is that the rocket should fly much faster, but with less accuracy.
It should fly straight for maybe 15 meters, but then should curve randomly.

Simplybeir
Simplybeir
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarco Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:50 am

Seems good and all. But this will make most of them unrealistic. I'd say its a better idea to just remove them

Jarco
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum