Gifting Permanent Items from your Inventory away

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gifting Permanent Items from your Inventory away

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Original thread - Gifting Anything Permanent from your Inventory

I would like to expand on his original idea.

Comment made by KillerwolfZ2: maybe bt then again what if someone hacks your account and gifts ur permanent weapons to there account? then combat arms would have a ton more of support tickets to look at and answer.

So the main problem here is that people are afraid that their Permanent Items will be gifted away to hackers.

I think the Discard Button should be replaced with this Gift button.

I devised a system to counter this.

I think every single permanent weapon we have should have a unique serial number. This means that no other gun in CA can have the same serial number.

If a hacker does gift it to his account, you can report to Nexon the serial number of the weapon you lost. They can then track the serial number to whoever has the gun now. This gun will then be returned to it's rightful owner if the ticket gets passed through.

A few flaws:
But what if a hacker decides to frame someone for hacking? For example he hacks into a random account, gifts the permanent weapons to the person he hates. This guy who receives this weapon would look like the hacker. As a result, this guy gets wrongfully banned.
So what I propose is that the guy who receives the account must key in the serial number of the guns he is to receive, to acknowledge that the other guy has successfully sent the gun to him.If the receiver does not verify the serial number within 2 weeks, the weapon will be sent back to it's previous owner.
Hazarath added that an NX trade token should be sold for a low amount of NX. Well, to be honest, if Nexon wants to make a profit out of this, 199NX is too cheap.
Thoughts?
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Re: Gifting Permanent Items from your Inventory away

Post by Hazarath on Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Original thread: http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/5918181.aspx

Next time, include a link, members in the future will want to see proof Surprised

EDIT: NVM, your link isn't underlined like I'm used to >.<

Btw, this is probably classified under more "game features" like the GP gifting. I don't really expect this to be a priority for a while... Just giving you a heads up. Even if we come to an agreement on this, we're probably doing bugs/glitches/lag first. ;o

Good job doing this though.

EDIT: Can you explain how the hacker-prevention plan is supposed to work? Give an example pl0x.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Every single permanent item in the game will have a serial number. Lets say I bought a P90TR. The serial number would be something like 311-567-M92-S.

So if I plan to quit CA and I want to gift you, all I have to do is click the gift button. Enter the serial number of the weapon that I want to gift and press Gift.

The person on the receiving end must be aware of this gift. He has to get the serial number through the Nexon In-game messenger system from the gifter and then key it in before the item goes into his inbox.
Activate it and voila =D permanent weapon gifted.

If you're someone who is lucky enough to stumble on a player with 30 perm weapons, you would want the weapon for yourself. So you key in the serial number, get on your account, verify the serial number and voila its yours!

But if the player finds out that his perm weapons have been transferred without consent, he can log a ticket to get his permanent weapons back. If the customer support finds this person guilty of hacking into another account, he will probably be permabanned.

But lets say you hacked into that same account and decided to frame someone for hacking. You send it to Greatfullded xD But since you don't have Greatfullded's account info, you can't go in to verify that he successfully received the weapons.

A good measure to prevent hacker is to only allow gifting between people in your Nexon friends list. =D
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:25 pm

I see.. GJ Very Happy

As for how you get the serial number, I propose it will be sent to the E-mail you signed up with on the account ONCE YOU BUY THE PERMANENT WEAPON. This way no one else will know it AND you can check for it any time you want.

If you accidentally delete the E-mail sent to you, you can retrieve it by sending in a ticket to have your serial number for that perm sent to your E-mail again. It will have a 5 day delay response on purpose so that if hackers changed your e-mail to one of their own by pressing "my account" on the main Nexon website and try to get your serial number for that perm to gift it to their own account, you can press something new that Nexon will have to create on the main website:

Change serial number on one of your weapons.
First thing you'll have to do is login.

Second thing is to choose the perm you want to change.

Third is to enter the old serial number for proof that you are the original owner of the account and not the hacker, since the hacker can not possibly find out your old serial number without hacking your E-mail as well(If you're dealing with a hacker this powerful, then it doesn't really matter what kind of parameters you set setup...)

OR the answer to one of your "secret questions".

Fourth thing that happens is that Nexon will generate a random serial number unique to your own weapon again. (It doesn't show you yet)

Fifth thing is that it will ask for what E-mail you want it to be sent to. Why? Because at this point, I figure that if someone went through this much trouble to change their serial number, they got hacked and the hacker changed their account's E-mail, and they're desperately trying to change the serial number before the hacker gets their serial number from that ticket.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:27 am

Good idea.

Okay but bear in mind hackers usually get your account info through keylogging/bogus NX generating websites.
There is very little chance of two people getting hacked by this same person.

A simpler system would be to have a properties menu where you can find all the serial numbers of your weapons all on one page. So basically it will be Storage, Shop, Modifications, Clan, "Properties".

A properties page will not reveal your serial numbers when you screenshot your set-up to ask the forumers for their opinions.

The Email steps are more secure, but to keep things simple, Nexon might want to just add a Properties page or something.

Cheers afro
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:05 pm

mrfarhan wrote:Good idea.

Okay but bear in mind hackers usually get your account info through keylogging/bogus NX generating websites.
There is very little chance of two people getting hacked by this same person.

A simpler system would be to have a properties menu where you can find all the serial numbers of your weapons all on one page. So basically it will be Storage, Shop, Modifications, Clan, "Properties".

A properties page will not reveal your serial numbers when you screenshot your set-up to ask the forumers for their opinions.

The Email steps are more secure, but to keep things simple, Nexon might want to just add a Properties page or something.

Cheers afro
ic. Can I get an example? I bit hard to understand how this "properties" page works Surprised

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:18 pm

For example, you have a P90TR, M107 and Rec7 for perm.

On this properties page, it will show the properties of your weapons.
For example, P90TR.
Date of purchase: ........
Number of rounds fired: ........
% hits: .........
Serial Number: **********

M107
Date of purchase: ........
Number of rounds fired: ........
% hits: .........
Serial Number: **********

and so on.

You know how people usually take screenshots of their set-up for people to rate? Since the serial numbers are on another page, they can easily take a screenshot of it and keep it in case their weapons get gifted away by a hacker. Also, the serial numbers will not be shown in the storage page so they can still take SS-es of their set-up without revealing their serial numbers.

Usually the hackers in CA are no more than kids/teens who download illegal programs. They can't really hack into anyone's PCs. Usually you get hacked by keyloggers. Unless they visit the same hack websites/free NX scams, the chance of two people getting hacked by the same person is quite low. Razz
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:03 am

I see. IF we're done with this, we can look back at this after we get everything else done @-@

By that, I mean like Seize and Secure abnormal gameplay, which still needs to be posted on Nexon forums.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:24 am

Do you have a suggestion for the S&S written out yet?
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 am

Erm, not really. :<

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:22 am

mkay.

I have a few ideas in mind.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Post what you're going to post on Nexon forums first before actually posting it there. Don't want it to be like the sniper rifles rebalancing thread you made all over again D:

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:39 pm

[quote "nametagg"] I suggested a much better option a long, long time ago. It was gun trading, I ripped the system off my little brothers Pok'emon game basically. Gun trading is a much better option than something that can be abused. As for hackers, they couldn't trade it to another account without buying a pass to trade, and trading it for another gun. As for discarding, the option for permanent items simply needs to be removed, chances are, you won't need to clear out your inventory of perms, and why would you anyway? Not to mention, you know how successful Nexon is at taking care of tickets. [/quote]

Might want to take this into consideration.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Hazarath wrote:
nametagg wrote: I suggested a much better option a long, long time ago. It was gun trading, I ripped the system off my little brothers Pok'emon game basically. Gun trading is a much better option than something that can be abused. As for hackers, they couldn't trade it to another account without buying a pass to trade, and trading it for another gun. As for discarding, the option for permanent items simply needs to be removed, chances are, you won't need to clear out your inventory of perms, and why would you anyway? Not to mention, you know how successful Nexon is at taking care of tickets.

Might want to take this into consideration.
Slayer_of_1
Admin

http://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:02 pm

C'mon, look at this D:

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:06 pm