Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seanate/House arrangments

5 posters

Go down

Seanate/House arrangments Empty Seanate/House arrangments

Post by Venus_Fallen Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 pm

I would like to know what the requirements for each of these are. I think I saw mentioned that they are dictated by number of posts on the nexon boards.

If I might add an alternative:
I have been playing CA since 2008, under a different account. After a Nexon glitch bugged my account, I decided to restart it on my current account. My current account has an enlistment date of December 2009, the previous was November 2008.
I have "been around the block", seen every patch, every glitch, every gun and every hack. I have been following the Nexon forums for some time, but have been quiet, not seeing a reason to enter my opinion when many people have already stated it for me.

What I propose is that seats on the Senate/House be determined by game "Time in Service", instead of posts. I can spam as many posts as I need, but that will never supplement the experience I have gained in the years I have been playing.

Thoughts?

Venus_Fallen
New FFCA Member

http://camr101.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Seanate/House arrangments Empty Re: Seanate/House arrangments

Post by Slayer_of_1 Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:56 am

I actually half-agree.

the way it works in Washington is that the 2 branches represent different things.

Let's say that the House represents those with high enough forum posts.

The senate, then, would be based on date of enlistment.

One has experience with the community, and one as experience with the game itself.

Thoughts?
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

https://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:56 am

Slayer_of_1 wrote:I actually half-agree.

the way it works in Washington is that the 2 branches represent different things.

Let's say that the House represents those with high enough forum posts.

The senate, then, would be based on date of enlistment.

One has experience with the community, and one as experience with the game itself.

Thoughts?
Sounds good Surprised

Veterans will have a much clearer view of how much CA has REALLY changed rather than those with a medium amount of posts. Maybe there can be multiple ways to become a senate?

When I originally told you about the post count idea, I was referring to BOTH post count on this site and on CA forums.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:33 pm

The post count on this site is irrelevant, seeing as how we want this site's mission to kick off relatively soon, and therefore, time to collect a lot of posts here is at its' minimum.

This would be based on Nexon forums posts (for the house). I'd say that 500+ posts would be a nice requirement, and as for the date of enlistment, you need to have been enlisted for at least a year.

Additional thoughts?
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus_Fallen Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Ill agreed to that.
Say, have the senate based off enlistment date and the House based off forum posts?

Venus_Fallen
New FFCA Member

http://camr101.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Venus_Fallen wrote:Ill agreed to that.
Say, have the senate based off enlistment date and the House based off forum posts?

Sounds fine to me.....both will have pretty equal representation in the end..... Razz

I'll try to get the Code of Conduct/Contract done within an hour.
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelmarked Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Nobody here, but there are a lot of forum spammers in base discussions. So I agree it really shouldn't be based off forums post count.

Last edited by Zelmarked on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar stuff)
Zelmarked
Zelmarked
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Yeah, which is why we'll screen for that sort of stuff, by trying not to initiate Nexon forum-spamming "Citizens" as reps, unless, of course, they've shown evidence of intellectual debate. Razz
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Very good.... FFCA is in good hands. I'm glad no trolls have been accidentally invited yet.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by MMZephyr Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:38 pm

I think it should be determined by a set of admins. So basically, let's say Haz is an admin. When someone wants to be an admin, he votes yes or no. When there are multiple admins, it must be a consensus. But to make this balanced, I think there should be more than one admin to start with Smile

But of course, I'm talking about admins. I don't get the system that's set in place... could someone explain it to me? Question

MMZephyr
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MMZephyr Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Slayer_of_1 wrote:The post count on this site is irrelevant, seeing as how we want this site's mission to kick off relatively soon, and therefore, time to collect a lot of posts here is at its' minimum.

This would be based on Nexon forums posts (for the house). I'd say that 500+ posts would be a nice requirement, and as for the date of enlistment, you need to have been enlisted for at least a year.

Additional thoughts?

Well, I have nearly 700 posts, and I've been enlisted for like half a year. But my opinion is.. let's say, not nooby. So senate should be chosen according to an election that looks at the person's posts on the CA forum to see their... maturity level. By maturity I mean that they don't want specs to have a teleport option for a ridiculous example, and they want to help balance the game like haz. Otherwise you'll be screening some good opinions. I would say keep it at 500+ posts, but not the amount of time enlisted.

MMZephyr
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:17 pm

MMZephyr wrote:

Well, I have nearly 700 posts, and I've been enlisted for like half a year. But my opinion is.. let's say, not nooby. So senate should be chosen according to an election that looks at the person's posts on the CA forum to see their... maturity level. By maturity I mean that they don't want specs to have a teleport option for a ridiculous example, and they want to help balance the game like haz. Otherwise you'll be screening some good opinions. I would say keep it at 500+ posts, but not the amount of time enlisted.

Well, this wont be 100% balance related, but I do agree with maturity level though.

We don't really need an admin panel. Anyone can become a rep if they are known to be mature on the forums.

However, I'm going to stick with the senates' requirement of an Enlistment period of over a year, just so we can have people who have an enhanced idea of this game can have representation.

Razz
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:18 pm

MMZephyr wrote:
Slayer_of_1 wrote:The post count on this site is irrelevant, seeing as how we want this site's mission to kick off relatively soon, and therefore, time to collect a lot of posts here is at its' minimum.

Additional thoughts?

Perhaps we need an entirely different role for this: A recruitment team that can look through posts.

Good suggestion btw. Already so many changes made to the system set up <.<

Nice progress guys.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by MMZephyr Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 pm

I have a good perspective of the game and I've been playing for like 1/2 year xD

MMZephyr
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:12 pm

I've been bogged down with school lately, so expect a Contract up sometime this weekend.... study
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum