Gotron228's Revised Version on How to Fix Female Base Hitboxes.

Go down

Gotron228's Revised Version on How to Fix Female Base Hitboxes.

Post by Gotron228 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:22 am

I posted this idea on the Nexon Forums a while ago but it didn't really get much attention as I'm not very "popular" on those forums like people with the names of Hazarath, ForteFZ and Enalis Nailo.

Anyways I was looking on a website once which actually showed detail on how the Combat Arms Korea Beta was played out by Nexon Korea. Most of the items and characters in the Korean Beta were actually quite different from the Combat Arms we know now. Also allot of the weapons we have now were actually used in the beta but were actually taken out of the game. The male bases were also actually quite small they were about the same size as a female base.

IF you haven't gotten the feel of this post I am suggesting that Nexon shrinks the size of Male Bases to about the same size as a Female Base. This way Combat Arms will become more 'fair' in a way. I'm not saying that Female Bases are 'Op' but what I am saying is that it will help the game in the 'Gaming League' department so that more people with Female Bases are actually welcomed to participate in events etc.

This is sort of a lame 'first idea' from me but I know allot of people get called a noob for having a Female Base character or mercenary in Combat Arms.

Last edited by Gotron228 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Character Alignment)

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Re: Gotron228's Revised Version on How to Fix Female Base Hitboxes.

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:40 am

According to an experiment I saw on Youtube, the female hitboxes are much smaller than the male's hitbox, except for their legs. The hitbox for the females starts spreading out knee down.

Small hitbox plus no registry makes females harder to shoot down albino

So making male hitboxes as small as females won't really balance things out Sad but having the same hitbox for both males and females is a good idea.

Maybe change it such that the standard hitbox size is the 'average' of the male and female hitbox?
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:42 am

mrfarhan wrote:According to an experiment I saw on Youtube, the female hitboxes are much smaller than the male's hitbox, except for their legs. The hitbox for the females starts spreading out knee down.

Small hitbox plus no registry makes females harder to shoot down albino

So making male hitboxes as small as females won't really balance things out Sad but having the same hitbox for both males and females is a good idea.

Maybe change it such that the standard hitbox size is the 'average' of the male and female hitbox?

What I just bolded out there is what I was suggesting I probably should have made it more clearer but if you shrink the male hitbox to the same hitbox as a female it would make at least a fairer experience for the people who notice hitbox differences.

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:19 am

Yeah it would make CA more fair.

Female and Male hitbox doesn't really affect me when I'm not scoped in [except for Viper] but it's a real pain when sniping in small maps..

But anyway, to decrease the male hitbox to the female hitbox might make it harder to kill our opponents. Imagine a bunnyhopping male wearing a recon vest with a female hitbox size. Gah.

Viper's hitbox is also too small. She already has +30 sprint +15 speed and no armour reduction..

Leveling the male and female hitboxes would make the game a lot fairer though, so support =D
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by THATSghetto on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:47 pm

males are pretty fat. Why not just make the males slightly smaller and the females slightly larger?
THATSghetto
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:18 pm

THATSghetto wrote:males are pretty fat. Why not just make the males slightly smaller and the females slightly larger?

Thats how females used to be until the community complained about having a fat female as their character.

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Or we can just keep the actual characters the same size, but increase the hitboxes. Razz
Slayer_of_1
Admin

http://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by THATSghetto on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:52 pm

the problem with that slayer, is that people will still complain about hitbox issues because the females still look smaller, or that it's not "realistic".
THATSghetto
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:09 am

THATSghetto wrote:the problem with that slayer, is that people will still complain about hitbox issues because the females still look smaller, or that it's not "realistic".

If the females get bigger they won't look smaller they'll look PHAT Smile

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:08 am

Slayer_of_1 wrote:Or we can just keep the actual characters the same size, but increase the hitboxes. Razz

Can be abused. If you play as a femme and you hide round a corner, you think you're fully concealed but your enemy can see your nametag.

So what he does is shoot into thin air, where the hitbox is and get the kill.

I find the male characters really squarish and fat.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by THATSghetto on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Gotron228 wrote:
THATSghetto wrote:the problem with that slayer, is that people will still complain about hitbox issues because the females still look smaller, or that it's not "realistic".

If the females get bigger they won't look smaller they'll look PHAT Smile

I meant that if the hitbox size was increased but the actual visual size of the females wasn't increased people would still complain.
THATSghetto
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:52 am

Yeah, because you will still tend to aim at the visible body. And since it's small, it'll still be unfair. Hm.

But that's the only way to balance the hitbox out..
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by PopingHeads on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:06 pm

I thought it had been long established that you can not prove hitbox size with videos/in-game testing.

This was posted on the Nexon forums a while ago and if I remember right even Haz said in response to this that it is "Impossible to determine hitbox size from videos". The best example of this is at 40 seconds into the video. Before we can decide how to fix hitboxes we really need Nexon to tell us if there even is a difference and how much of one there is.

PopingHeads
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Gotron228 wrote:
THATSghetto wrote:males are pretty fat. Why not just make the males slightly smaller and the females slightly larger?

Thats how females used to be until the community complained about having a fat female as their character.

Sad

Damnit...

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:48 pm

...only way to find out is through a hack......

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:48 pm

It can't be determined because of lag?

I know lag issues can cause your hitbox to be slightly off.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:23 am

Zirrick wrote:...only way to find out is through a hack......

How so?

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:14 am

chams? o,o
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum