Some various changes

Go down

Some various changes

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:20 pm

First of all, I would like to start off with the M107. What I'm suggesting for it, is having the M82 and M82 SE for standard, instead of having the M107CQ. This would turn it into the REAL camping sniper rifles, and the rares would be more suited for moving around.

Really, all I'm suggesting is giving the gun a slightly longer design, and -10 or so portability, in exchange for 1 or 2 more accuracy. This would make the double scope *infinitely* more useful, and make the M107 not just a semi auto L96 clone.

Battle rifles:

Yes, we all know how badly Nexon screwed up on them. My suggestions: Turn all of them into 3/2 hit kills, make them semi-auto, with godly amount of spread/recoil when full auto, turn their mags into 20/20, buff their accuracy, and give them a different scope set than ARs.


First, the scopes.

These would be:

Acog A3(rangefinder one)
150 GP, unlocked at Recruit

2x Scope
200 GP, unlocked at same rank as M14

PSG-1 Scope
250 GP, Unlocked at SSG1

Standard Sniper Scope(L96, DSR-1, M24, etc.) or SUSAT scope(L85 MOD scope)
300 GP, 2LT 2, there are two options for different tastes.

M107/M82 Double Scope
400 GP, CPT 2

M14
This will put it on borderline 2 hit kill(i.e. to the back, point blank, or on a light/recon vester)

3 Hit Kill Range: 70 Meters

G3

Weak 2 hit kill, can be lopped back to 3 hits by a heavy vest.

2 hit kill range: 40 Meters

3 Hit Kill range: 80 Meters

For balances sake, this will be the heaviest battle rifle.

HK417
Will have a faster firing rate(just slightly), but will be a medium 3 hit kill, slightly weaker than the AK-47.

3 Hit Kill range: 65 Meters

MK17 SCAR-H

Will become a completely different gun, a strong 3 hit kill, but will not 2 hit kill anyone with 100 HP.

Will have higher portability than most battle rifles.

3 Hit Kill Range: 70 Meters.




As you can see, the battle rifles balance out neatly, all with advantages.

Would like feedback, thanks for reading.

TL;DR: READ THE WHOLE THING LAZY!


Changes:

All battle rifles now have full auto, with extreme spread and recoil.(worse than current M14 on full auto spray)

Battle rifles are all between current M14 portability and 10 less portability than that.


Last edited by lolpierandom on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 21
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by grappler51 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:54 pm

I like the idea of a seperate class for battle rifles, and the new scopes, but I'm not sure if they should all be semi-auto only. I think they should give them a semi auto mode, but just decrease the fire rate of fully auto for the Scar-H, M417, and G3.

One problem with the m14, is that it has pretty bad damage drop off. If they make it a 3 hit kill up to 70 meters, it should be fine.

grappler51
New FFCA Member

Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:56 pm

grappler51 wrote:I like the idea of a seperate class for battle rifles, and the new scopes, but I'm not sure if they should all be semi-auto only. I think they should give them a semi auto mode, but just decrease the fire rate of fully auto for the Scar-H, M417, and G3.

One problem with the m14, is that it has pretty bad damage drop off. If they make it a 3 hit kill up to 70 meters, it should be fine.


M14
This will put it on borderline 2 hit kill(i.e. to the back, point blank, or on a light/recon vester)

3 Hit Kill Range: 70 Meters

/\
| Was in my first post lolz.



If you give them a full auto mode, it will be abused and somewhat overpowered. Maybe with TONS of recoil?
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 21
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

You Mean like this?

Post by Zirrick on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:40 pm

With the recent introduction of the M14 EBR, we've been given a sniper rifle with a panic mode. We can't add more semi-auto snipers with out making them either unbalenced or too underpowered. There is size-able amount of guns that are bridging the gap in damage between Assault Rifle & Sniper Rifle. So why not give them their own class?
To truly be a bridge between Assault Rifles & Sniper Rifles, give them crosshairs with different behavior then that of other guns, more damage drop-off at long ranges, slightly higher portability than those of sniper rifles, and scopes with weaker magnification.I. Crosshair:

  1. The spread size should be comparable to that of an AR.
  2. The spread should increase dramatically between shots (ie; after firing the first shot the spread should be comparable to an SMG).
  3. The spread recovery (crouching) should be slightly faster than the RoF for the M39.
  4. When moving the spread should increase to sizes similar to how an MG spread behaves.
II. Stat Specifics:

  1. It should retain 2-hit kill capabilities up until the range of 50 meters, after that it should degrade to a 3-hit kill. Ranging from 60-70.
  2. Rate of Fire should be range from 45-55.
  3. Accuracy should range from 87-93.
  4. Portability should range from 50-55
  5. Recoil should range from 65-72.
  6. Draw speed should be similar to AR's
  7. Magazine size should be from 20 rounds each, but should have 3 clips in reserve.
III. Scope Magnification:

  1. Should range from ACOG - L96A1.
  2. The magnification on these guns should never be more than the L96A1.
  3. The sway should less exaggerated than the M39.
  4. Some of them should come with a scope(like the L96A1, M417 SB), but is interchange-able with Trishot Holosight's (NX) or ACOG TA's (GP), or even used without one.

Many guns that could possibly fit in this category (besides the M14 EBR, and possibly the regular M14's).
FN FNAR (pre & post-modification)
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn84-e.htm
Kel-Tec "Target" RFB
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn75-e.htm
SIG (Sniperized) SG 550
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn24-e.htm
SVU-AS (with and without scope)
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn19-e.htm
TCI TEI-M89SR
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn66-e.htm
VR1 (this is a SR chambered for 4 different kinds of calibers)
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn83-e.htm
VSS "Vintorez"
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn20-e.htm

VSSK "Vychlop"
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn72-e.htm Galil Galatz
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn32-e.htm
AWC G2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWC_G2

Again these should be catagorized into CQC, Pinpoint & Hybrids.


Last edited by Zirrick on Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Zirrick
Ambassador

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:33 am

Zirrick wrote:With the recent introduction of the M14 EBR, we've been given a sniper rifle with a panic mode. We can't add more semi-auto snipers with out making them either unbalenced or too underpowered. There is size-able amount of guns that are bridging the gap in damage between Assault Rifle & Sniper Rifle. So why not give them their own class?
To truly be a bridge between Assault Rifles & Sniper Rifles, give them crosshairs with different behavior then that of other guns, more damage drop-off at long ranges, slightly higher portability than those of sniper rifles, and scopes with weaker magnification.I. Crosshair:

  1. The spread size should be comparable to that of an AR.
  2. The spread should increase dramatically between shots (ie; after firing the first shot the spread should be comparable to an SMG).
  3. The spread recovery (crouching) should be slightly faster than the RoF for the M39.
  4. When moving the spread should increase to sizes similar to how an MG spread behaves.
II. Stat Specifics:

  1. It should retain 2-hit kill capabilities up until the range of 50 meters, after that it should degrade to a 3-hit kill.
  2. Rate of Fire should be range from 45-55.
  3. Accuracy should range from 87-93.
  4. Portability should range from 50-55
  5. Recoil should range from 65-72.
  6. Draw speed should be similar to AR's
  7. Magazine size should be from 20 rounds each, but should have 3 clips in reserve.
III. Scope Magnification:

  1. Should range from ACOG - L96A1.
  2. The magnification on these guns should never be more than the L96A1.
  3. The sway should less exaggerated than the M39.
  4. Some of them should come with a scope(like the L96A1, M417 SB), but is interchange-able with Trishot Holosight's (NX) or ACOG TA's (GP), or even used without one.

Many guns that could possibly fit in this category (besides the M14 EBR, and possibly the regular M14's).
FN FNAR (pre & post-modification)
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn84-e.htm
Kel-Tec "Target" RFB
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn75-e.htm
SIG (Sniperized) SG 550
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn24-e.htm
SVU-AS (with and without scope)
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn19-e.htm
TCI TEI-M89SR
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn66-e.htm
VR1 (this is a SR chambered for 4 different kinds of calibers)
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn83-e.htm
VSS "Vintorez"
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn20-e.htm

VSSK "Vychlop"
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn72-e.htm Galil Galatz
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn32-e.htm
AWC G2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWC_G2

A battle rifle shoots the 7.62 NATO round. Anything that doesn't isn't considered one. The AWC G2 is a bullpup PSG-1. I would know, I tried suggesting it once.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 21
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by mrfarhan on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 am

Well, we all have to base our balancing ideas on realism.

To make the M14 semi-auto only would be .. derp.

Leave the dual firing modes.

On Semi-auto,
Make spread recover quicker. [not smaller, just better recovery]
Increase accuracy and decrease damage drop off.

On Semi-auto,
increase rate of fire and spread.

Another distinct characteristic battle rifles should have: Decrease the effectiveness of armour on battle rifle ammo.

Sniper Scopes should be added to the NX Rares.
ACOG-style scope with an M200 reticle made specially for Battle Rifles, buyable as a modification.
avatar
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by Zirrick on Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:19 am

lolpierandom wrote:
A battle rifle shoots the 7.62 NATO round. Anything that doesn't isn't considered one. The AWC G2 is a bullpup PSG-1. I would know, I tried suggesting it once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWC_G2 says it does have caliber round you speak of.

Keep in mind, this would have to have a maximum 2HK range of 50 meters, Semi's would become useless if it exceeded that.

mrfarhan wrote:
On Semi-auto,
Make spread recover quicker. [not smaller, just better recovery]
Increase accuracy and decrease damage drop off.

On Semi-auto,
increase rate of fire and spread.

Another distinct characteristic battle rifles should have: Decrease the effectiveness of armour on battle rifle ammo.

Sniper Scopes should be added to the NX Rares.
ACOG-style scope with an M200 reticle made specially for Battle Rifles, buyable as a modification.

Okay I'll agree to the NX-Rare scope thing, it'll give nexon more incentive.
As for the semi-auto mode w/perks...no that will just encourage people to click-faster.
Distinctive armour piercing? Isn't that what the damage stat is for? And wouldn't that be unbalanced?

Oh and I've updated my idea, see above.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:31 am

Zirrick wrote:

Keep in mind, this would have to have a maximum 2HK range of 50 meters, Semi's would become useless if it exceeded that.

mrfarhan wrote:
On Semi-auto,
Make spread recover quicker. [not smaller, just better recovery]
Increase accuracy and decrease damage drop off.

On Semi-auto,
increase rate of fire and spread.

Another distinct characteristic battle rifles should have: Decrease the effectiveness of armour on battle rifle ammo.

Sniper Scopes should be added to the NX Rares.
ACOG-style scope with an M200 reticle made specially for Battle Rifles, buyable as a modification.

Okay I'll agree to the NX-Rare scope thing, it'll give nexon more incentive.
As for the semi-auto mode w/perks...no that will just encourage people to click-faster.
Distinctive armour piercing? Isn't that what the damage stat is for? And wouldn't that be unbalanced?

Oh and I've updated my idea, see above.

The reason I made it so only CERTAIN Battle Rifles 2HK was for variety. The way I tried to balance it was by giving each battle rifle certain perks, and disadvantages. The M417 will have highest fire rate, but only 3 hit kill. The SCAR-H will have highest portability, but only 3 hit kill. The M14 will have medium portability, medium fire rate, and be a borderline 2 hit kill. The G3 will be a solid 2 hit kill up to 50 meters, and 3 hit anywhere from there, but it will suffer portability as low as a sniper rifle.


NX- Sniper Scopes should only be for ARs. Battle Rifles would be almost redundant if they could ONLY get Acog scopes with GP(ITech would be pointless)

Also note that few maps will have semi auto users that shoot at people beyond 50 meters, so this would completely dominate them. 3 MAGAZINES (sorry, but I can't stand it when people say clips) is a bit overkill. That would make me favor battle rifles completely over any semi-auto, because I could effectively get 40 kills by not missing. All Sniper rifles have a limit of how many people you can kill, if you hit every bullet with full damage. That's a little broken.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 21
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by Zirrick on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 am

alright, given. But I seriously think that BRs should be either solid 2HK up to 50 meters or borderline. We have to have clear distinctions between the classes. SR's should always be either a constant 2HK or 1HK. BR's should be what I said above, but only degrade to a 3HK. AR's should be 3-5HK based on range.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by Hazarath on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Keep in mind range isn't the only limit for damage.

Damage can ALSO be limited by vests Smile

What I mean:

My friend tested the damage on his M417 SB one day.

Every time, he shot my chest, but a few times, he got 3-HIT KILLS, and other times, he got 4 HIT KILLS!

So there's also another stat: The random damage variation stat, where there is, say 20/80 chance of 1 hit kill(20 refers to 20/100 chance of 1 hit kill, 80 refers to 80/100 chance of 2 hit kill, if this isn't clear.)

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:46 am

Hazarath wrote:Keep in mind range isn't the only limit for damage.

Damage can ALSO be limited by vests Smile

What I mean:

My friend tested the damage on his M417 SB one day.

Every time, he shot my chest, but a few times, he got 3-HIT KILLS, and other times, he got 4 HIT KILLS!

So there's also another stat: The random damage variation stat, where there is, say 20/80 chance of 1 hit kill(20 refers to 20/100 chance of 1 hit kill, 80 refers to 80/100 chance of 2 hit kill, if this isn't clear.)

Well than for the M417/SCAR-H we could put a 20/80 2 hit variation stat. Their Rare versions shall have a 30/70 ratio.

The M14 being borderline will have a 50/50 chance. All rare versions of it will have a 60/40 ratio.

G3 being strongest and heaviest, will have a 80/20 chance, with future rare versions being 90/10.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 21
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by Zirrick on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:10 am

listen, lolpie.
There are ALOT of people that use the M4417/SCAR-H. i really doubt they'd enjoy such a massive change like this. The G3...idk about that, the M14 i think everyone would enjoy having.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:10 am

Zirrick wrote:listen, lolpie.
There are ALOT of people that use the M4417/SCAR-H. i really doubt they'd enjoy such a massive change like this. The G3...idk about that, the M14 i think everyone would enjoy having.


NO ONE uses the SCAR-H. I haven't seen one in a good 3 months. And that's from playing AT LEAST 3 hours a day. In black market. People have been wanting a SCAR-H revamp for ages.

As for the M417, I if this idea happens, they can have an option to switch to battle rifle, or keep their own form. Anyways, as of right now, the M417 is just a M416 with more recoil, less portability, and more noise.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 21
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by Zirrick on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:52 pm

yeah I guess, IDK. that would mean a HUGE change for people that have the M417 SB. An amazing alternative to the G36E.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Zirrick wrote:yeah I guess, IDK. that would mean a HUGE change for people that have the M417 SB. An amazing alternative to the G36E.

It would be like the G36E of today. The G36E would be slapped back to where it should be, low recoil, low damage, decent accuracy, ACOG scope. The M417 SB would then replace the G36E, and become the next epic gun.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 21
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by Zirrick on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:40 am

We need to specialize these guns, the battle rifle class should be for people who crouch often and feel the need to make their shots count. Not rushers, most of the guns in this game favor them anyway. The battle rifle would force the user to move, stand/crouch, and aim for their shot. Not shuffle/jump while firing at their targets.

You disregarded what I said, many people use the M417 SB for what is is today. An alternative to the G36E, so keep the M417 SB that way. We need to use different guns altogether, there are ENOUGH m417 variants in game as it is, no need for more of them.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Sure.

__________________________________________________



Long live MG14c, former great pistoling clan.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 21
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Some various changes

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum