We're not alone.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We're not alone.

Post by Zirrick on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:59 pm

We shouldn't internalize our ideas to come solely from the North American community, partly because its true that we have an overall lack of respect on the forums & a strange addiction to gaining respect by picking apart ideas without trying to rebuild them.

There are many ideas that have garnered support over there that would greatly aid us. I'll take sometime reading over their ideas, sorting out through the ones that make no sense.

Side-Note:
Its funny, one of their ideas is to use us as a kind of beta server. We complain and whine our heads off about updates/additions, while the EU CA is used to finalize it.

Really, take alook at their ideas.
http://forum.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?g=posts&t=249501

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Re: We're not alone.

Post by mrfarhan on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:29 am

Lol, they don't even bring as much revenue to Nexon as we all do.

Very Happy

One of the community issues is Elite Moderator abuse. A forumer suggested adding a stats page that shows how many kicks the Elite Mod has made, the number of F5s and F6s an Elite Mod has gotten and the number of times he has gotten a Red Elite.

Very cool idea, no?
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:50 am

I see...... Looks like EU CA has the better forum community Surprised

Any EU players want to help gain supporters at their forum?

We'll have to change our motto(Slayer mightneed to change a header or something) so that we'd be talking about the preservation of all versions of CA. From Brazillian version to Korean ;o

After doing so, I kind of expect there to be more EU players browsing this instead of NA players, seeing as how active and helpful their forum is compared to ours <.<

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:48 am

Lol its funny, the stereotypes of Americans are GLARING when you compare EU to NA.

This provides an interesting concept for the FFCA, not to be a "community within a community" as some have labeled us within our own community, but to be a bridge for the MANY communities we have for Combat Arms. They bring to the table a fresh slate & a fresh/foreign perspective. So the question at hand is....do we tell them(EU) about this site now?

Oh and I'm acting as a medium/psuedo-ambassador between the two communities, they're actually quite nice. They're taking the idea of the two communities making a joint effort to push ideas with open arms. They've also applauded the efforts I've made to extend a hand to them, and discussed some key points they'd like to see, both for their region and the game at large. Although being in a different region, we might not have any sway for fixing regional servers. But we've got many common interest areas for changing combat arms.

It has come to my understanding that they've been pushing for a few things for a VERY long time, and have gotten less response then we have. They say our community has a larger sway with Nexon than theirs, they've been observing us for a bit.

We've gotten Kalika, they have yet to gain a -Hime...feeling kinda grateful, remind me to thank Kalika one day.

Side-Note: If the position of "ambassador" arises out of this new happening, can I be it?

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:36 pm

This is why I would give anything to play on Combat Arms Europe rather then Combat Arms North America. Their Community.....

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Gotron228 wrote:This is why I would give anything to play on Combat Arms Europe rather then Combat Arms North America. Their Community.....
A community is nothing if their voices fall on deaf ears.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm

Definitely, you already have established a relationship with them after all. Both of us should PM Slayer of 1 this topic so he can take note and add an "ambassador" subforum right next to House of Representatives.

And here I thought I was the only one who felt that the CA NA community was... a little arrogant Razz

Btw, please provide CA EU threads next time you reference something about them so we can have some proof to go on. If you aren't already, I suggest you do the same when talking to CA EU's community(Provide links from CA NA's community). If you know about FAAT, tell them I've been trying to join forces with them since turrets came out.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:52 pm

Hazarath wrote:Definitely, you already have established a relationship with them after all. Both of us should PM Slayer of 1 this topic so he can take note and add an "ambassador" subforum right next to House of Representatives.

And here I thought I was the only one who felt that the CA NA community was... a little arrogant Razz

Btw, please provide CA EU threads next time you reference something about them so we can have some proof to go on. If you aren't already, I suggest you do the same when talking to CA EU's community(Provide links from CA NA's community). If you know about FAAT, tell them I've been trying to join forces with them since turrets came out.

Arrogant as in dumb, selfish, greedy, abusing overpowered NX, etc.? Yepperz.
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Okay! I'm going to make a subforum, and whenever possible, if you can cite any efforts on the EU end, please do so. It's nice to have a slice of their input and thoughts.
Slayer_of_1
Admin

http://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am

Well, they want to participate/join this forum.
I'm only extending the hand/representing CA-NA to their community.

But this is what I've done so far, I've told them I can only check in twice a week, so help here later would be nice. But for now I've got it.
http://forum.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?g=posts&t=253969

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by metallica01 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:52 am

No you aren't alone.

I think it's a great idea for all of us to get together and try to take the game to a whole other level. If we can sort out the good ideas from the bad, get it voted, and present them to someone who can pass it to nexon (your hime-sama maybe, I don't like EU FM's) then Nexon could make a better and easier job. We need to gain credibility and be very well organized or else this will fail.

About the European community: we aren't that good. The stereotype idea of "the other community" being better is a load of... in other words, we have the same problems you find in the NA forums (loads of cheaters and criers, dumb people, lack of unity, etc. and 1 more problem you don't have, the google translated posts. At least in NA everybody speaks understandable english).

Well I hope you welcome us here...

metallica01
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:14 am

We could make a seperate NexonEU section, with moderators from there, to add a good mix of seperate moderators.

Long live MG14c, former great pistoling clan.
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:19 am

lolpierandom wrote:We could make a seperate NexonEU section, with moderators from there, to add a good mix of seperate moderators.
Actually we could just require everyone to Designate which region they belong to, make it easier for all of us. But yes we may need a set of EU moderators, no fair to have solely NA mods.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:22 pm

We could have a little country flag right under our names to indicate from which CA version we come from. This is assuming of course everyone playing CA NA is in NA and everyone playing CA EU plays from Europe just like in CA EU....

Lulz, we don't even have NA moderators! Slayer is the admin. He hasn't appointed any mods yet. Well, we can't just blatantly choose random European players, we have to give them some time before we can take into consideration which of them are best suited fro moderator status.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:29 pm

As for now, I think I'm doing a decent job with keeping this site up-to-date with the proper updates and additions, and we aren't really that large enough yet to warrant any further moderator appointments.

I'll look into the little "flag" idea. As for now, if any EU posters on this site become better known, and more trustworthy, and (hopefully) multi-lingual, I can then begin to consider appointing EU-mods.
Slayer_of_1
Admin

http://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 am

Ah yes, there will be the problem with multilinguists joining FFCA, since not everyone in Europe speaks English. We'd need to have a rule for them to use an online translator at least when posting.

If needed, we can have official translators(requirement to become a translator is to simply show you have a good grasp on whatever language it is you are helping translate.) for non-English speakers that decide to join the senate due to the fact online translators don't have English grammar rules functioning. Online translators only take the denotation of the sentence, not that connotation.

If this is too much trouble, we may have to resort to having proper English as a standard when joining the senate or whatever important positions there are.

I'd be VERY DISAPPOINTED if we had to resort to the latter, because then CA Brazil, Korea, and half of Europe would've lost their voice in this community.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:01 am

Well, we should use English as the medium for communication.
Some people can't speak perfect English but we can let them post their ideas in English and then have someone to edit out the grammar and spelling mistakes.

If I'm not wrong, the Nexon EU forums are in English too right?

Shouldn't be much of a problem.

As for Korean and Brazilian CA players, how can we get them to join? It's not like we speak their language. Surprised
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:04 am

Google translate.

The bare MINIMUM we should do for Korea and Brazil is have someone that speaks Korean/Brazillian(AS I said before, online translators have no grammar rules) translate our Mission Statement into those languages, as well as several other threads if necessary so that they can at least sign up for this website.

IF we can get lots of people to sign up, that means that much more support! :O

Every time we present a petition to Nexon, you realize that we show them our support number by pointing to the number of registered users at the bottom?

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:04 am

oh yeah I know that we'd need translators. as for japanese (if they play CA/ have any players on the asia servers) I've got a good friend who plays this game that speaks it as a second-language, and can write effectively.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by metallica01 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:43 am

Don't worry. Lot's of people know how to speak english well, others understandable, and only a little use automatic translators which we sometimes understand other times we don't. Yes in CA EU forums we speak English.

Don't worry with the Brazilian community since I am Portuguese I understand them and can translate. Most of the times we will have 1 person from 1 region who speaks english and can translate for us.

As long as we have 80% of people speaking english here we will manage well. (No one has the patience to be translating every single post, and it would get confusing).

metallica01
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 pm

@metallica01 Nice Very Happy Now we can share ideas and be a better team like that.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:17 pm

metallica, want to sign up to be an European ambassador of Brazil then?

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by metallica01 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:10 am

Hazarath wrote:metallica, want to sign up to be an European ambassador of Brazil then?

That sound pretty strange "European Ambassador of Brazil".

I don't have any problem translating a couple of posts and some other small tasks.

But take note that I do not know anything about the Brazilian community and I don't wish to spend time to get to know it on Brazilian forums (no time to spend. I have to work and don't have much free time or else no real time to play CA).

metallica01
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:01 am

Ah, I see. Then you could work as translator? Surprised

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by metallica01 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:39 am

Hazarath wrote:Ah, I see. Then you could work as translator? Surprised

Yep. Cool

metallica01
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:29 am

K. That's great. Now we need an admin to make a translator sign up sheet&subforum...

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Subtellite on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:37 am

jajaja the grass is always greener on the other side Very Happy

like Metallica said before our community is some kind of re... its all about who's more pro, the anti nx users(doesnt matter why they dont buy nx) flame the nx users, the esl/wogl players are kewl and the non league plyers are... not kewl, everyone wants to be the smartest guy and so on. the point that nexon dont care about the eu community is kinda true the only succeeds was the temp remove of the nutshot and the perm banned sattelite scanner. the eu community is about 2 years old lol no wonder that nexon doesnt care about us -_-

edit:
do i have the permission to post the FFCA mission statement on some eu community forums such as nexon eu forum and some german clan/community sites?
Subtellite
Full FFCA Member

http://augenkrebs.de.vu/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:42 am

As a means to recruit members to join in and support FFCA sure.

Make sure they know the ground rules first before posting though Razz
Always speak English, no matter how bad it is.
Be nice to people.
Cristicisms [good and bad] are welcome, but no hurling abuse/profanities.

Very Happy
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Subtellite on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:36 pm

its done at http://forum.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?g=posts&t=259282

the next step will follow when all our fellows do notice our community mates D:
Subtellite
Full FFCA Member

http://augenkrebs.de.vu/

Back to top Go down

Post by Glowingice on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:15 am

I'm here from the EU ready to help ya all

@Sub
No need to worry about who is the most pro, it's obvious. I am!

Glowingice
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum