Official List of Issues

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official List of Issues

Post by Hazarath on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:43 pm

I am undoubtedly missing a couple, please post what you think I'm missing, and I'll add it on. IF IT'S A SUBCATEGORY, DO NOT POST IT. i.e. Do not post "specs should be nerfed" because that falls under weaponry balance.

ANNOUNCEMENT: GUYS, STOP POSTING MINOR BUGS IN THIS THREAD, LIKE WARHEAD WINDOW SHOULDERPEEKING OR MESSENGER BUGS, THOSE BELONG IN OTHER THREADS ON THIS ISSUES FORUM.

So it just occurred to me some people might want to get Nexon forums fixed:

Latency/server lag: No reg lag.

FPS lag(I think Nexon is already on it though, they said they're repacking the game thanks to XanVu <3 Should we just leave this alone and see how it turns out?): Slower RoF on all guns, semi-auto&burst mode weapons jamming(INCLUDES ALL PISTOLS), etc.

Weaponry balance. Never call this game balance, because the game can still be imbalanced even if weapons were balanced. Another thing to add: Any weapon nerfed/buffed in an update will give out refunds to everyone that bought it so they can save it for another time or use it on something else that better suits their needs

Predatory gaming: Noobfarming, Jackson servers filled with pros on alts, etc. XMDead I think made a great suggestion for this. Need to find this thread again... But anyways, XMdead said on the forums recently that FFCA should focus more on this than weaponry balance. I have to agree. I'm very glad we have smart people that can see this. However, this all won't matter if people vote weaponry balance over the rest <.< I doubt that'll happen though.

Improving Nexon forums in general. May or may not include having Kalika choosing trusted forumers to have mod powers to moderate the community.

Map balance(i.e. Short Fuse, Rattlesnake, Two Towers. Bravo gets raped.)

Hackers. Of all kinds. I seriously think bugs and lag is a bigger issue than hacking CURRENTLY. Outside of clearance level 1 servers, hacking is rare. I think Nexon did a good job, although there is always room for improvement.

Glitches i.e. Junk Flea roof in quarantine, getting on top of that big box in Warhead quarantine, (Debatable) Getting under bridge in Kill Creek

Bugs(VERY DIFFERENT FROM GLITCHES) i.e. Shoulderpeeking, falling through the map randomly, glitching into an object and choking, Kill Creek/Short Fuse stairs damaging you or makes you choke. Happens very often with super spy. Such BS. Overdose Quarantine saferooms opening when timer isn't even at 1:00 mark yet. If you try to go in, you choke.

Content(I REALLY DOUBT ANYONE would want content over less lag or more balance.)

Events: Improving the quality of them in general I guess? And maybe their frequency. I honestly expect most of these "side dishes" to be ranked very low. But that's for the community to decide.

Better Technical Support: Cracking down on harassment, QQing newbies that get pros banned, glitch abusers, hacker reports, etc.

More in-game features like the recording feature, GP gifting: i.e. Event Tracker(suggested by Frog-X), or perhaps having the choice of two clients to download the old UI+HUD and new one on the site download link(suggested by many people before me).

Last edited by Hazarath on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Mispelling)

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Re: Official List of Issues

Post by Slayer_of_1 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:40 pm

This is all good stuff here.

Additional bugs to add:

Messenger issues; I hate typing up a pretty long sentence, only to see it cleared because some guy who added you 6 months ago says, "Hi". Other issues exist, but I will not go into greater clarity.

Clan Function Issues: (i.e.- Having to "relog" each time, crashing errors that occur with this system......)

Grayed out Functions: Quick Join Settings, and a few others I'm forgetting....

Teleporting Lag: Making a jump, barely missing, and then a split second later, "bouncing/teleporting" back up to where you're supposed to land the jump, sometimes stuck halfway down the torso into the object.

Vivox Issues: Constant need to relog if a server switch is made, etc...

Flickering issue: After a round or a match is completed, functions suck as the scoreboard, Vivox, and rotation of your character are "flickering". For example: I listen to people chatting over Vivox after we clear DT Extreme, and I hear their voices in rapid bursts, like a "flickering" effect.

Last edited by Slayer_of_1 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors.)
Slayer_of_1
Admin

http://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Slayer_of_1 wrote:This is all good stuff here.

Additional bugs to add:

Messenger issues; I hate typing up a pretty long sentence, only to see it cleared because some guy who added you 6 months ago says, "Hi". Other issues exist, but I will not go into greater clarity. in game features/bug

Clan Function Issues: (i.e.- Having to "relog" each time, crashing errors that occur with this system......) bug

Grayed out Functions: Quick Join Settings, and a few others I'm forgetting.... bug

Teleporting Lag: Making a jump, barely missing, and then a split second later, "bouncing/teleporting" back up to where you're supposed to land the jump, sometimes stuck halfway down the torso into the object. latency lag

Vivox Issues: Constant need to relog if a server switch is made, etc... bug

Flickering issue: After a round or a match is completed, functions suck as the scoreboard, Vivox, and rotation of your character are "flickering". For example: I listen to people chatting over Vivox after we clear DT Extreme, and I hear their voices in rapid bursts, like a "flickering" effect. latency lag possibly, or from bad internet on your part.

ic. All categorized under the things I said.... Good to list though.

Let's just find the major categories, we won't do the naming until it's decided what we do first.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Right.

When we want to submit a formal list of bugs for Nexon to fix, we need a nice comprehensive list. ^_^
Slayer_of_1
Admin

http://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:26 am

Hai everyone, it's me, mrfarhan =D

I can suggest a few general things that we can petition on to make CA a better place.

Hacking
The current anti-cheat system Nexon is using is Ahnlabs' Hackshield. The problem with Hackshield is that it does not update its hack definitions regularly. It gets updated once or twice a month by Nexon when they do their regular server maintenance.

That's why you find that hackers lose their hacks immediately after the patch. But one or two days later, these hack coders will make newer hacks that can bypass the HackShield.

TL;DR HackShield fails at filtering out hacks is because of the long duration between updates which allow coders to create new hacks.

There are two ways to approach this problem. More frequent CA maintenance to update the Hackshield or to get a new Anti-cheat program altogether.

Regular maintenances is bad because NX items have expiries that are not extended when the server goes down. So asking Nexon to increase the frequency of server maintenance might cause a lot of rage and hate towards Nexon.

The other alternative is to get a new anti-cheat. I suggest PunkBuster or Warden. Both anti-cheats collect information from the players' PCs and determine whether they have any programs, send a report back to their servers and see if any information collected from your PCs match their own hacking programs 'list'.

TL;DR PunkBuster and Warden adopts a more proactive approach to detecting hacks.

References: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warden_%28software%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PunkBuster

Scopes
Scopes not being zero-ed in. G36E scope not being dead centre.
Bullets come off below the dot in the ACOG scope. Bullets coming off the bottom corner of the HDS Reflex Sight.

I'm not sure if Nexon did this intentionally, but I think this needs fixing.
Rifles in Combat Arms do not have a durability factor. Hence, scopes should shoot true to their crosshairs.

The iTech reticles are also very thick. Yes? This reduces it's effectiveness by obstructing your field of vision.

No Fogging Issue
Looking at an object through your Peripheral Vision eliminates fog. Helpful at times but really unrealistic.

Weapon Sounds
It's not a bug but most weapons in Combat Arms sound similar.
For example the Scar-H and the Famas. They both sound hollow.
M110 Sass and M200.
I think tiny details like this contributes a lot to the appeal of the gun.
If a gun sounds crappy, I wouldn't buy it.
So basically I think guns should sound really similar to their real life counterparts. Hollow muffled gun sounds are not cool.

Water

The inability to shoot mines and first aid kits that are fully submerged in water. Many people take advantage of this glitch :l

Jumping off high places
Jumping off a very high place and then grab on to a ladder just before you fall does not reduce your HP.

Jumping off a very high place and remaining completely still when you hit the ground will not kill you.

Change AP to be more effective
SMGs seem to be able to bypass the AP points. All other classes such as sniper rifles, Assault Rifles, Machine guns and pistols get affected by AP.

That is all for now.
Admins feel free to move this to a different section.
I don't know if I posted this in the right place santa
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:36 am

Wow I never knew SMG bullets ignore armor :O
So that means damage on Arsenal Stats is correct to ingame damage?

Hmmm....

And are there any huge things I left out that deserve a category of its own?

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:46 am

UMP45 is a strong 4hk.
Damage is on par with the M417SB which is a weak 3hk.

The M4A1's damage is 38.
The M4A1 is a medium 4 hit kill, but never a 3hk to the chest.
UMP45's damage is 38.
Its a 3-4hk weapon.

I don't think you left out much. But we have to think of any tiny bugs in CA that Nexon can repair, because these tiny details make up the bigger picture.

Regarding the bases not being balanced in Shortfuse and Rattlesnake, yea its true. But according to the CA storyline, Bravo [Warcorp] will always get the base with the structural advantage while Alpha [UAF] will get makeshift bases.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:48 am

mrfarhan wrote:UMP45 is a strong 4hk.
Damage is on par with the M417SB which is a weak 3hk.

The M4A1's damage is 38.
The M4A1 is a medium 4 hit kill, but never a 3hk to the chest.
UMP45's damage is 38.
Its a 3-4hk weapon.

I don't think you left out much. But we have to think of any tiny bugs in CA that Nexon can repair, because these tiny details make up the bigger picture.

Regarding the bases not being balanced in Shortfuse and Rattlesnake, yea its true. But according to the CA storyline, Bravo [Warcorp] will always get the base with the structural advantage while Alpha [UAF] will get makeshift bases.
Erm.... We should work on naming bugs AFTER we actually have a complete list to put up on Nexon forums. We aren't getting Nexon to do anything until after we decide. I'm also hoping putting the list on the forums will make the forumers that doubt FFCA to see that we're incorporating everyone's opinions, not just our own. We're simply doing the intellectual part -Debating.

Then if we can't make it so maps are balanced, then let's make it so that if the team with the disadvantage(Alpha USUALLY, I'm sure Bravo gets the short stick on some maps) wins the game, they get a major +50% bonus or something.

Furthermore, there is balancing maps for quarantine: warhead and Junk Flea. Warhead deserves a saferoom, and frankly, Junk Flea simply needs to be redesigned to be more suitable for humans.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:05 am

Hazarath wrote:
Erm.... We should work on naming bugs AFTER we actually have a complete list to put up on Nexon forums. We aren't getting Nexon to do anything until after we decide. I'm also hoping putting the list on the forums will make the forumers that doubt FFCA to see that we're incorporating everyone's opinions, not just our own. We're simply doing the intellectual part -Debating.

Then if we can't make it so maps are balanced, then let's make it so that if the team with the disadvantage(Alpha USUALLY, I'm sure Bravo gets the short stick on some maps) wins the game, they get a major +50% bonus or something.

Furthermore, there is balancing maps for quarantine: warhead and Junk Flea. Warhead deserves a saferoom, and frankly, Junk Flea simply needs to be redesigned to be more suitable for humans.

+50% may be too much. On certain maps like Rattlesnake and Roadkill, [Assuming these teams are balanced, no stacking, equal skill level] it is more difficult to win on Alpha side. A slight GP bonus seems feasible.

Seize and Secure

If your team plants the flag as soon as the game starts, and manages to secure it for 2 mins, you won't get EXP/GP due to abnormal gameplay. This is to prevent powerlvling.

But sometimes you can't help your team being so much better than the other team.
So I was thinking for Seize and Secure on small maps, instead of having to play longer than a determined duration to prevent powerlvling, why not consider it Abnormal Gameplay if the total number of kills on both teams is less than 25?
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:27 am

mrfarhan wrote:
Hazarath wrote:

+50% may be too much. On certain maps like Rattlesnake and Roadkill, [Assuming these teams are balanced, no stacking, equal skill level] it is more difficult to win on Alpha side. A slight GP bonus seems feasible.

Seize and Secure

If your team plants the flag as soon as the game starts, and manages to secure it for 2 mins, you won't get EXP/GP due to abnormal gameplay. This is to prevent powerlvling.

But sometimes you can't help your team being so much better than the other team.
So I was thinking for Seize and Secure on small maps, instead of having to play longer than a determined duration to prevent powerlvling, why not consider it Abnormal Gameplay if the total number of kills on both teams is less than 25?
Note that I never stated they'd ALWAYS get the bonus. Surprised

Hmmm... This game mode came out for CL2 amirite? I'm somewhat in favor of putting it as a major category. For 2 reasons: If we get this done, we may earn more respect from the community, and thus, more members to join us in debates. We should accomplish as much as possible. Earning the community's favor seems particularly important right now, especially due to the negative impression everyone's gotten from FFCA due to me. And I must apologize for this.

The 2nd, is so because if this were made a major category rather than categorized under maybe bugs or content, It could affect people's votes on that category just to get S&S rebalanced for abnormal gameplay. Let's make the votes unbiased just b/c of a recent issue....

What do you guys think?

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Yes Seize and Secure has been moved down to CL2 servers.
Abnormal Gameplay isn't that big of an issue on other game modes.
I think only S&S needs to get 'rebalanced'. Measures put in place to prevent powerlvling in
CTF is still fine.

I just thought of another problem.
When you do well in a game of Elim Pro/SnD/Quarantine/Spyhunt, there will always be that sourpuss who would votekick you for reasons unknown.

So imagine going 31-7 in a game of SnD, just to get kicked out of the room. It's unfair, especially if you didn't use hacks or glitches to win. Should we still get rewards if we get votekicked?

What do you guys think about this? Very Happy

Quarantine
I don't think there is anything majorly wrong with the quarantine system. If all the maps have their own safe spots, like the rooms in Overdose, humans just have to run around until timer reaches 1:00 and then hide in the safe spots.
No teamwork between the humans to kill the zombies.

Friendly zombies are annoying though.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:29 pm

mrfarhan wrote:Yes Seize and Secure has been moved down to CL2 servers.
Abnormal Gameplay isn't that big of an issue on other game modes.
I think only S&S needs to get 'rebalanced'. Measures put in place to prevent powerlvling in
CTF is still fine.

I just thought of another problem.
When you do well in a game of Elim Pro/SnD/Quarantine/Spyhunt, there will always be that sourpuss who would votekick you for reasons unknown.

So imagine going 31-7 in a game of SnD, just to get kicked out of the room. It's unfair, especially if you didn't use hacks or glitches to win. Should we still get rewards if we get votekicked?

What do you guys think about this? Very Happy

Quarantine
I don't think there is anything majorly wrong with the quarantine system. If all the maps have their own safe spots, like the rooms in Overdose, humans just have to run around until timer reaches 1:00 and then hide in the safe spots.
No teamwork between the humans to kill the zombies.

Friendly zombies are annoying though.
So Junk Flea's going to have a saferoom? Eh. Where would you put it? Surprised
The idea is fine though.

For smaller maps that are harder to survive in, maybe timer can be bumped up to 1:30... or even higher.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:54 pm

No, what I meant was small maps like Junk Flea/Showdown shouldn't have safe spots because they will be easy to exploit [Zombies camping by these safe spots] and humans will not work together to kill the zombies.

Camping spots like the one in Warhead is better than safe spots like the one in Overdose because humans need teamwork to win.

For smaller maps, each rounds should last slightly less. By about 30 seconds? So that humans have a chance of surviving.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:52 pm

mrfarhan wrote:No, what I meant was small maps like Junk Flea/Showdown shouldn't have safe spots because they will be easy to exploit [Zombies camping by these safe spots] and humans will not work together to kill the zombies.

Camping spots like the one in Warhead is better than safe spots like the one in Overdose because humans need teamwork to win.

For smaller maps, each rounds should last slightly less. By about 30 seconds? So that humans have a chance of surviving.
I see what you mean.... Good thinking.
On junk flea, that time limit should be 1:30 then ._.
I've rarely seen humans last past a minute and a half.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:57 pm

So where do I post my suggested solutions to the list of problems we have?
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:10 am

mrfarhan wrote:So where do I post my suggested solutions to the list of problems we have?
I'll propose a plan to slayer:

In this Issues sub-forum, we need several more subforums for bugs, glitches, map rebalancing, gun rebalancing, etc. There will be one sticky, that is locked(Made by admin), which will list threads of accepted ideas. Ideas must have been thoroughly debated out with fellow members to show that the idea is one that everyone can agree on. Moderators will have to edit every time a new idea is completed. Of course, I'm assuming later on, slayer will assign more mods/admins.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:24 am

Alright,
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelmarked on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:54 pm

mrfarhan wrote:
Water

The inability to shoot mines and first aid kits that are fully submerged in water. Many people take advantage of this glitch :l

By people do you also mean literally? Because I know, as we probably all do, there's that water in alpha spawn of rattlesnake where the player is practically invincible.

Last edited by Zelmarked on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left the er out of player. Yay edit button.)
Zelmarked
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:20 pm

Yes.
Remember when Dark Forest first came out?
Everyone was camping in the deepest part of the river.
The only way to kill them was to either knife, or throw grenades at them.

Besides sitting in the water, players plant first aid kits and mines in the water.
An example would be mines in the Grave Digger tunnel.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelmarked on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:26 am

Crouching:

When you crouch and do not move, you are higher in terms of view angle than if you were to crouch and then move. I believe this is one of the things that procreates nametag peek.

Last edited by Zelmarked on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replaced shoulder with nametag.)
Zelmarked
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:09 am

Body parts showing through thin walls Cool

We should do some in-game testing to find out glitches/bugs. If anyone needs a partner to go around and find some glitches, add me @ valkerie89.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:27 pm

mrfarhan wrote:Body parts showing through thin walls Cool

We should do some in-game testing to find out glitches/bugs. If anyone needs a partner to go around and find some glitches, add me @ valkerie89.

<.<

Let's put body parts showing near the bottom, there are much more important glitches to fix first :X

But by all means, if you have the free time to identify every area where body parts stick out, then go ahead. So as long as it doesn't interfere with getting bigger things fixed Surprised

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Simplybeir on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:56 am

Did you see the threads about Elites and Racism?

http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/2/5913725/ShowThread.aspx

Heres one ^^^

I have to agree with things in this thread as well, because i too have been kicked for being Asian >.>

Anyways mrfarhan, my is ign:DDoDD
If you really do want to find glitches.
Simplybeir
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:39 am

@simplybeir I added you in-game. I'm Valkerie89. I want to compile a list of all shoulderpeeking spots in CA. and along the way if we find bugs in certain maps, maybe we could list them.

Ima add Haz.

So just accept me.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:30 pm

GUYS post MINOR issues in a separate thread, this thread is for MAJOR/BROAD ISSUES LIKE BUGS, BALANCE, ETC.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Simplybeir on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Does that constitute as minor? I'm sorry then Haz.
Simplybeir
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Simplybeir wrote:Does that constitute as minor? I'm sorry then Haz.
Izza'ight. Just make your own thread, and FFCA members will add onto it. We need a separate thread for every major category in this thread I listed basically.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Added this in, nametagg helped me realize this is the most important first step when it comes to game balancing: Any weapon nerfed/buffed in an update will give out refunds to everyone that bought it so they can save it for another time or use it on something else that better suits their needs

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:51 am

You and I know they won't do that. At most we'll be able to ask them to give a rebate on their next NX purchase.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:28 pm

They have been nerfing OP weapons since forever. Not because we QQ about, but to make room for more OP stuff Razz

And NX is non-refundable.
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top