Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree with this?

75% 75% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 4

Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Building on the unapproved/approved idea, the way we could probably have it is by making a poll.

A Yay/Nay, for the whole community to vote on. If the majority is yes (more than 70%), than the idea will be approved, for everyone to work on. If the idea is unapproved, then the idea will be sent back to the bottom, and will have to be revised, until the the vote majority is achieved. Note that 50% of the vote percentage would be non senators(if 100% of all non-citizens vote yes, than 50% is added), and 50% is senators(100% of all senators "yes) is +50%)

So, Yay or Nay?


Last edited by lolpierandom on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : V 1.04)
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 20
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by Gotron228 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:18 pm

Yay Razz

Gotron228
Senator

Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Bawmp it up people.

__________________________________________________



Long live MG14c, former great pistoling clan.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 20
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by Hazarath on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Rename "overthrow vote" to veto.

Excellent idea.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Hazarath wrote:Rename "overthrow vote" to veto.

Excellent idea.

Done deal, needed something to do with that silly little phrase.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 20
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by Zirrick on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:07 pm

won't this still be giving more power to the senate?
Shouldn't we just create an area where only the senate can start threads?

Zirrick
Ambassador

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Zirrick wrote:won't this still be giving more power to the senate?
Shouldn't we just create an area where only the senate can start threads?

The main job of the senate is to find the GOOD threads, and those would be exposed to the community, which would then improve with their infinite posts on it. The senators will never have supreme power, since the veto can always overthrow their opinions.

__________________________________________________



Long live MG14c, former great pistoling clan.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 20
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by Zirrick on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:14 pm

make the 50% to 70% (that way it would have to have a large majority) for the senate.
Keep the 50% for the community for a veto.

By doing this your making the Community carry a heavier voice, since we have less senators right now.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Zirrick wrote:make the 50% to 70% (that way it would have to have a large majority) for the senate.
Keep the 50% for the community for a veto.

By doing this your making the Community carry a heavier voice, since we have less senators right now.

Agreed then, will change.

__________________________________________________



Long live MG14c, former great pistoling clan.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 20
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by mrfarhan on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:43 pm

lolpierandom wrote:Building on the unapproved/approved idea, the way we could probably have it is by making a poll.

A Yay/Nay, for only senators to vote on. If the majority is yes (more than 70%), than the idea will be approved, for everyone to work on. If the idea is unapproved, then the idea will be sent back to the bottom, and will have to be revised, until the senate vote majority is achieved.


HOWEVER, to make sure senators do not have too much power, if an idea is unapproved, yet the community likes it, the community can start an "veto", which if 50% or more of the community votes yes, than it will be approved.
Also note that unapproved ideas can only be posted on 3 times by non-senators, and infinitely by senators.

This would keep good, useful threads on the top, and junk/need revision threads near the bottom.



So, yay or nay?

How many Senators we got?
avatar
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by Gotron228 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:22 am

mrfarhan wrote:
lolpierandom wrote:Building on the unapproved/approved idea, the way we could probably have it is by making a poll.

A Yay/Nay, for only senators to vote on. If the majority is yes (more than 70%), than the idea will be approved, for everyone to work on. If the idea is unapproved, then the idea will be sent back to the bottom, and will have to be revised, until the senate vote majority is achieved.


HOWEVER, to make sure senators do not have too much power, if an idea is unapproved, yet the community likes it, the community can start an "veto", which if 50% or more of the community votes yes, than it will be approved.
Also note that unapproved ideas can only be posted on 3 times by non-senators, and infinitely by senators.

This would keep good, useful threads on the top, and junk/need revision threads near the bottom.



So, yay or nay?

How many Senators we got?

3 :p

Gotron228
Senator

Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by mrfarhan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:40 am

That's a lot of power for 3 people to shoulder ._.

How about this, make a poll asking for which suggestion we should work on for the next 7 days.

Start the poll on Monday, close it down on Sunday, and we'll work on the post that gathers the most votes the following Monday.

avatar
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:11 am

Remember guys, this is when we have at least 10+ senators.

__________________________________________________



Long live MG14c, former great pistoling clan.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 20
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by mrfarhan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:09 am

okay, sorry, didn't read that.

But isn't it still too much power for a group of at least 10 people?
Like, the reason I joined FFCA is because I believe everyone has fair rights. Everyone's comments are of the same value.
After all, we are all part of the community.

By giving Senators this 'power', we are sort of taking away that 'every single comment is of the same value, even if you have 10000000 posts on the Nexon forums' right.
I mean, anyone can be a senator. Look at Jiggs. He's a senator. He's done nothing for FFCA. Why is he even a Senator?

It's not fair if you need to sign up for a better post to have your opinion heard in a forum that claims that everyone's opinions are equal.

I know we need to prioritise and focus on certain topics first but just because some suggestions don't seem important to you, it doesn't mean the community agrees with your decision.
avatar
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:31 pm

mrfarhan wrote:okay, sorry, didn't read that.

But isn't it still too much power for a group of at least 10 people?
Like, the reason I joined FFCA is because I believe everyone has fair rights. Everyone's comments are of the same value.
After all, we are all part of the community.

By giving Senators this 'power', we are sort of taking away that 'every single comment is of the same value, even if you have 10000000 posts on the Nexon forums' right.
I mean, anyone can be a senator. Look at Jiggs. He's a senator. He's done nothing for FFCA. Why is he even a Senator?

It's not fair if you need to sign up for a better post to have your opinion heard in a forum that claims that everyone's opinions are equal.

I know we need to prioritise and focus on certain topics first but just because some suggestions don't seem important to you, it doesn't mean the community agrees with your decision.


Reread my post. I changed it to a new system.

__________________________________________________



Long live MG14c, former great pistoling clan.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 20
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by mrfarhan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 pm

It's better now.

Maybe make that poll I suggested.

Ask which topic the community wants to do, leave it for like 2 weeks,
and then work on that for the next 2 weeks.
avatar
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:49 pm

So people, opinions?

__________________________________________________



Long live MG14c, former great pistoling clan.
avatar
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 20
Location : On the internet

Back to top Go down

Re: Uniformity on How to vote on ideas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum