Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CA Re-pack

+2
Hazarath
Dark_Archon1
6 posters

Go down

The CA Re-pack Empty The CA Re-pack

Post by Dark_Archon1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Now we all know Nexon stated that they are now working on re-packing the game, anyone have any clues on to how far Nexon could possibly be on completing this re-pack Question

Patch by patch the lag gets progressively worse a repack would seriously fix alot of lag issues and possibly alot of software vulnerability issues with this game (which would stop hackers). Obviously very important for this to happen as soon as possible. I'm making an educated guess here that the repack will come out somewhere between late December and January. To me that's still too far away, by then this lag would have already drove me to the point of quitting. Which isn't good Sad

To be completely honest it disgusts me that Nexon needed hundreds of people on a forum to complain and b**ch and moan about how this game lags and needs a re-pack for them to actually go and begin working on a re-pack. They should've used the common sense that they were (hopefully) born with and notice that this game needed a re-pack months ago.

I'm very curious to hear everyones opinions and predictions about when you think this re-pack will in-fact be released and what it will do to CA and to the community as a whole.

Wasn't 100% sure if this was the place to put this topic so if this is in the wrong forum by all means please relocate it to the proper place. Wink

Dark_Archon1
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

The CA Re-pack Empty Re: The CA Re-pack

Post by Hazarath Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:36 pm

I believe we already have a thread addressing this issue?

https://ffca.forumotion.com/latency-issues-f14/game-repack-development-blog-t31.htm

Unless you're referring to something else...

And that's what FFCA is for: so numerous people don't have to complain just to get something done.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Well, for starters, welcome, Dark. Smile

Second, we're pushing for a Development Blog, where Nexon reps will give us daily updates on progress with things like:

*The repack
*Content Updates
*And more...
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

https://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Depending on his response, this may need to be merged with the development blog thread....

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Slayer u brainwashed him into joining :O
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Archon1 Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:18 am

actually he never told me about this forum. I dont know why he didn't but I found it and I'm here now so it's all good Very Happy

I will try to come here.

ANYWAY didn't see that topic, very cool idea I really think that would be something super awesome if noxen did that but I doubt they would X_X that would involve working and with the work ethic that nexon has it would take aloooong time for them to even try to implement such an idea but who knows maybe they will take notice and do it. hopefully they do.

So I take it no one has any idea on the progress of said Re-pack? Sad for all we know they could still be in the beginning processes of the re-pack :O

The point of this thread was to get 2 things done. 1 to hear your opinions on what you think this repack will do to CA, the big effects and the small effects. The second thing was to get an answer to see if anyone knew how the Re-pack is going and it is obvious to me now that it is unclear what stage the re-pack is at Sad

Also on an unrelated note I find it very sad that the forums you guys have here are 100x better then nexon's own forums. I'm willing to bet that this is a free forum site right? xD

Dark_Archon1
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:37 am

Yep, that's why there's a banner up there saying "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE THE 999,999th PERSON TO VISIT THE SITE" Razz

I think the repack will benefit us in more ways than just reducing lag. Nexon said that they had to re-code everything, that's why a repack will not be expected anytime soon. Hopefully some glitches get patched during this re-writing process.

Players will probably be able enjoy CA at a slightly higher FPS, but if Nexon were to take our Multi-threaded Engine Suggestion into serious consideration, the FPS can be further increased.

We have yet to find a way to increase fps for a single core processor.
>_<
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Archon1 Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:03 am

xD your right their are those banners everywhere.

:/ I just hope that it makes CA playable again. I need the lag to be seriously fixed.

Dark_Archon1
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by THATSghetto Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:53 pm

mrfarhan wrote:We have yet to find a way to increase fps for a single core processor.
>_<

Every single day single core processors are going to be more and more out of the picture. You simply cannot play modern MMO games on a single core processor. More and more people are going to get new computers, and with each single core replaced with a dual core, worrying about those with single cores is more and more out of the picture.

basically, if your computer is still running on a single core you shouldn't be expecting to get high frame rates, and I don't think there's much nexon can do about it. The repack and fixing of the memory leak will help, but after nexon fixes the problems with the game, it all comes down to your PC specs. Are you still running on an integrated graphics card? If so, you need to upgrade if you expect good frame rates. Are you still running on a single core processor? If so, you need to upgrade if you expect good frame rates.

I think fighting over people with single core processors is useless. If there was something that could be done, I would support though.
THATSghetto
THATSghetto
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Archon1 Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:14 am

My Hardware is fine Very Happy I've definitely narrowed it down to the memory leak as the main problem and cause for my lag

Dark_Archon1
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:01 am

I'm Intel i5 520M, 2.4GHz, 3MBL3 cache
Nvidia Geforce 310M, up to 2303MB Turbocache
4GB Memory
500GB HDD

Should this be enough to run CA properly ? ._.

I played with some DT members and that SinofRa dude, and I did badly .. my fps dropped to really low, like 30-40ish.

>_<
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:33 am

mrfarhan wrote:I'm Intel i5 520M, 2.4GHz, 3MBL3 cache
Nvidia Geforce 310M, up to 2303MB Turbocache
4GB Memory
500GB HDD

Should this be enough to run CA properly ? ._.

I played with some DT members and that SinofRa dude, and I did badly .. my fps dropped to really low, like 30-40ish.

>_<

How the hell did your FPS drop?
Are you running the client on HD settings?

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:57 am

User Control
Everything on/High.

Idk. I get pretty lame FPS-es >_>
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by THATSghetto Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:23 pm

@mrfarhan, I'm pretty sure you should be able to handle CA... I'm not sure about that graphics card but the processor and RAM are better than mine and I can get around 60fps avg on (most) games. That being said, I do sometimes drop down to about 40fps.

my settings are: 1680 x 1050 resolution,
Quality : low
Color: 32 bit
Gamma: (22ish)
THATSghetto
THATSghetto
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down