Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFCA: Anti-Lag ideas.

4 posters

Go down

FFCA: Anti-Lag ideas. Empty FFCA: Anti-Lag ideas.

Post by Zirrick Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:14 am

Overview:
With the new repack in the workings according to Nexon, there really isn't much more we can suggest for lag. We have no idea how much of an impact a repack will make on the games performance. But there are other things that can be used to greatly improve the game. Things like a multi-threaded game engine & a fixing the present memory leak.

Multi-threaded Game Engine:

Combat Arms currently only utilizes one core of your processor, most processors in today's computers have 2 or more. Instead current users that have a multi-core processor has it functioning like this: one core is running the intense load of CA, while the other core handles the background processes. Its better than having a single-core, but not what it could potentially be.

A single core simply does not meet the optimum performance level for this game anymore. Enabling Hyper-Threading on the core did provide for a small boost, but all it can do is shunt over the OS and background Apps to that "virtual-core" while it maxes out CA on the other. Basically, if your running a single core, we can try to reduce "lag"for you, but not remove it entirely. This is a hardware limitation on your end.
Thank you to Klypto from CA-EU for the explanation.

Memory Leak:
This an urgent problem for many of us. If you notice, by re-logging into CA you actually get less lag. This is because a memory leak that builds up over time while playing CA, is present. This starts to eat at the available ram you have, and unnecessarily bogs down your PC's performance. Kalika has mentioned this before, but we need to bring this to their attention.
Thank you to itzchi for the heads-up.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

FFCA: Anti-Lag ideas. Empty Re: FFCA: Anti-Lag ideas.

Post by Hazarath Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Edit in mine on game development blog from the course of action section? :<

Take out/transfer parts that don't belong.

And I suppose we need people to do these two?
https://ffca.forumotion.com/latency-issues-f14/jarfer-server-lag-solution-t76.htm
https://ffca.forumotion.com/latency-issues-f14/combat-arm-s-servers-running-2d-games-t81.htm

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Actually the game dev blog would be more of a general suggestions packet.

I really want to keep every release we have specific to their title.

Oh and jarfer's solution wasn't really a solution.
Not to mention they already teamed up with a better service provider earlier this year, so theres really not much they can do that isn't software related.

This is the only ones that make sense at this point.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:22 pm

ic.

Sure about that? The blog would be kind of a help to see if they're actually doing what people rallied for :/

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Well I was hoping to tie in the E-Mod rules stuff as well as other ingame additions (clan tab in messenger, having the quick join settings actually function).

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:06 pm

All right, but in the case where we tell them one thing, and they do something else, perhaps the blog would be NEEDED for us to succeed? :/

Nexon doesn't exactly have an honest track record. Let's give them a chance however :O

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdsolider Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:33 pm

The detail on the benefits of the multi-threaded game engine seem a little weak. It seemed that you gave more details to why a single-core processor sucks than the actual benefits of getting the multi-thread engine. Could we try using some of the points mentioned in the EU super article?

http://forum.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?g=posts&t=249501
or even M16's draft
https://ffca.forumotion.com/official-ffca-releases-f23/multi-threaded-game-engines-t103.htm

We might end up reiterating ourselves though.... Here I'll try to whip something up to show you what I mean.

3rdsolider
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 am

Anyone want to edit that in? :<

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:33 pm

3rdsolider wrote:The detail on the benefits of the multi-threaded game engine seem a little weak. It seemed that you gave more details to why a single-core processor sucks than the actual benefits of getting the multi-thread engine. Could we try using some of the points mentioned in the EU super article?

http://forum.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?g=posts&t=249501
or even M16's draft
https://ffca.forumotion.com/official-ffca-releases-f23/multi-threaded-game-engines-t103.htm

We might end up reiterating ourselves though.... Here I'll try to whip something up to show you what I mean.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

It's M [b]I[/b] 6

(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down