Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armor/Helmet Buff

5 posters

Go down

Armor/Helmet Buff Empty Armor/Helmet Buff

Post by grappler51 Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Right now in this game, both helmets and armor that offers increased protection are virtually useless. Because of this, most people choose speed gear (cyclops bandanna, light vest, etc.) over protective items.

I propose buffing both helmets and armor, to make them a viable alternative to speed gear. This would hopefully reduce the amount of people using speed enhancing items, and create more variety in the game.

Helmets

In my opinion, most helmets should allow the player to survive a headshot from an Assault Rifle, SMG, or Pistol, but leave them with very low health. (All snipers still 1HK to head). This could be accomplished by increasing all helmets headshot protection by 25-30%.

Through testing, I have found that headshots do approximately 7x the base damage to chest (medium vest) If you were shot by an m16 (~22 dmg) in the head it would do around 154 damage to someone without a helmet. If you were wearing a buffed MICH, one of the lower level helmets, (currently 20% protection, would be buffed to 50%) you would survive, with only 77 damage done.

This 25-30% buff would probably not work for all helmets, some buffs would have to be changed after more research on weapon damages and current headshot protection.

Armor

Currently, speed is one of the most valuable stats in this game, as it allows you to outmaneuver your enemies and even dodge bullets more easily. Because of this, I believe that all armor should offer increased protection with no additional speed penalty, in order to be a feasible alternative to speed gear.

Right now the 15% protection of a Heavy Vest makes almost no difference in most situations, and should be buffed to at least 30%. Vests should make 1hk sniper rifles a 2 hit kill from certain ranges, and give enough protection that guns will take additional shots to kill. (Like G36E taking 4 shots to kill a heavy vester, instead of the usual 3)

Thanks for reading this thread, I know it's long, any feedback/support will be appreciated!
I hope the FFCA will consider supporting this issue!

grappler51
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Armor/Helmet Buff Empty Re: Armor/Helmet Buff

Post by Hazarath Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:48 pm

G36 actually does 4hk heavy vest.... 30% sounds cool.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:32 am

As for helmets, wearing a helmet makes a G23 two hit kill on the head, and stray shotgun pellets will not OHK you.

I'd like to see helmets actually have a use in this game. But hmm, this might have devastating effects on CA players. 2 hits to the head with an Assault Rifle..

30% protection is too much imo. If a G36E bullet does 38 damage to the chest, on a medium vest, only 70% of that would be absorbed. That would mean 1 G36E bullet will do 26.6 damage per shot on a 30% protection vest that does not have any speed penalty. Submachine guns are less affected by Armour. So it's kinda making Assault Rifles useless.

The numbers are too crude, maybe a little more in-game testing?
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm liking the idea of reducing speed reduction, as to increase the variety of vests worn. It would be a nice break from the Female base decked out in Recon and Cyclops garb.... ^-^
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

https://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by grappler51 Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Yeah, the numbers are just estimates they could definitly be tweaked. But actually, I was talking about the heavy vest having 30% protection, which has -10% speed. The speed penalty could be increased if needed though.

grappler51
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:01 am

Hmm, a -10 speed would be too little. But a heavy vest that actually works sounds like a good idea.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleJax Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Helmets: Certain ones, such as the newest one (I'm blanking on it's name) with the 80% flash protect and all it's other various stats do NOT need to be buffed. Increasing the headshot protection to 50%(again, open for debate) would work for me.

Vests: Heavy vests are more useful than you think, they're meant for camping, not rushing. the extra protection it offers helps quite a bit, expecially when you see .50 cal users rage at your tanks. Smile
AppleJax
AppleJax
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum