Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combat Arm's Servers running 2D games

+4
Hazarath
Slayer_of_1
mrfarhan
Zirrick
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Combat Arm's Servers running 2D games Empty Combat Arm's Servers running 2D games

Post by Zirrick Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:25 am

The CA EU guys are asking for a source or link to proof that Nexon uses the same servers to run CA as the same ones they use to run maplestory/mabignobi.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Combat Arm's Servers running 2D games Empty Re: Combat Arm's Servers running 2D games

Post by mrfarhan Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:48 am

Who said that?
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Combat Arm's Servers running 2D games Empty Re: Combat Arm's Servers running 2D games

Post by Zirrick Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:21 pm

somebody on the nexon forums

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:02 pm

I remember this being said too.

I recall that it was stated that the server room in Snow Valley was meant to be a replica of the Nexon Server Room, where each server is the same.

I wish this could be verified. If it can be, then it looks like we have another way of fixing latency issues; getting servers optimized for FPS gaming, where games like CA require more processing power than, say, Pop!Tag.
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

https://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:04 am

Good.

Do you guys think we're done with idea-gathering?

Perhaps someone can write a draft summarizing what all 4 of these suggestions will do, then senators need to post it on the Course of Action. Where we begin debating what needs to be changed, edited, revised, etc. about the draft until it fits the community's liking.

Then present it to Nexon community.

Gather support(THIS is when we do a recruiting campaign.). In future group actions, we will no longer need to do a recruiting campaign, since we already have people signed up Smile

Then do the same thing FAAT did against turrets.

Do rallies, have a FFCA Facebook page, everything necessary to annihilate lag.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:34 am

I'll type up a draft. Smile
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

https://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 am

Btw, Zirrick, can you link us to the thread in CA EU?

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:03 am

Never mind they got their situation cleared up, they're getting new servers.
A forum moderator confirmed it.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:26 am

I said that the Nexon Servers are made for 2D games and not detailed games like Vindictus and Combat Arms.

So I think it was me who said that?

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm

k, but we need more conclusive evidence. Next time don't release statements without something to back you up. Great advice for all situations.

and no facebook pages....please for the love of christ.....NO!

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by PopingHeads Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:50 pm

It wouldn't make sense to run different games on the same server.

They have already upgraded the hardware of the CA server at least 4 or 5 times I think, look back though the old announcements and you will see that.

PopingHeads
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:55 pm

link me to them, maintenance could mean anything not just upgrading.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by PopingHeads Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 pm

http://combatarms.nexon.net/News/View.aspx?boardNo=101&contentNo=005qj&pageIndex=17

I only took a quick look. Just found this one for now but I remember reading about this a few times before. If you want me to go though everything they have ever posted on the main page to find a few more I guess I could.

PopingHeads
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:17 pm

no thats great, thank you!

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by metallica01 Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 am

Zirrick wrote:Never mind they got their situation cleared up, they're getting new servers.
A forum moderator confirmed it.

We will get new servers on friday (hopefully) and a new patch next week (we still don't have Black Lung in Europe).

Currently we have latency problems in EU, NA and Brazil (at least everybody complains in the forums).

Check the first post on this topic http://forum.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?g=posts&t=256123

I think this guy is right. If everyone lags then it's probably not the servers but the game itself and unless they change the engine or reprogram the whole game, latency problems won't be fixed.

I'll inform you guys how the game is after we get the new servers (obviously checking the others opinions on the EU forums 'cause computer specs have an effect on the lag/fps)

metallica01
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:44 am

metallica01 wrote:

We will get new servers on friday (hopefully) and a new patch next week (we still don't have Black Lung in Europe).

Currently we have latency problems in EU, NA and Brazil (at least everybody complains in the forums).

Check the first post on this topic http://forum.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?g=posts&t=256123

I think this guy is right. If everyone lags then it's probably not the servers but the game itself and unless they change the engine or reprogram the whole game, latency problems won't be fixed.

I'll inform you guys how the game is after we get the new servers (obviously checking the others opinions on the EU forums 'cause computer specs have an effect on the lag/fps)

thanks metallica, it seems that with every new patch/update it gets slower.
They're working on a re-pack of the game, so I'll post in the EU forums when that gets pushed through. Have they mentioned the re-pack in the other regional versions?

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by metallica01 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:30 am

[quote="Zirrick"]
metallica01 wrote:
They're working on a re-pack of the game, so I'll post in the EU forums when that gets pushed through. Have they mentioned the re-pack in the other regional versions?

Negative, or I didn't read it. The only thing I read about repack is on that thread and it's taken from Nexon NA. You guys know that you always get the things first right? (yes you are EU's guinea pig!)

It's confirmed again by a EU FM - New servers on 29.10 - New patch on 2.11.!!!!

Our FM Leka83 says: "by comments from CA NA players that already had new servers set up they love it."

Is this true? Aren't you guys still having lots of latency problems? When did you get the new servers?

metallica01
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by THATSghetto Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:08 pm

We are still having a lot of latency problems. I never heard anything about our CA NA getting new servers, and I find it highly unlikely because I don't think we'd have nearly as many latency problems as what we do if we had good servers.
THATSghetto
THATSghetto
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:26 pm

More propaganda from Nexon.

Whatever keeps their customers happy right?

What a disgrace of a company.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by PopingHeads Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:38 pm

Hazarath wrote:More propaganda from Nexon.

Whatever keeps their customers happy right?

What a disgrace of a company.

You don't know for sure if they upgraded the servers or not.

Like someone else already said in this thread I think the lag is based on bad programming not slow servers. Thats my opinion.

PopingHeads
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:36 pm

So we need to get them to get a master programmer to redo/fix most of their programming?

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:45 pm

Bad programming causes FPS lag,
Bad servers/internet connections cause teleporting/noregister.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:00 pm

So Nexon has bad servers AND bad programming? lol.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:15 pm

yeah, thats why black lung had zombies with shotguns for pimp canes. Rolling Eyes

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:04 pm

Haha.

I thought those were human legs Sad
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:29 pm

lol, I thought they were the new Dom Pedro swords.
My first thought: I have a Dom Pedro sword....DUEL!

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:13 am

Melee is actually really good in zombie fireteams Surprised

Crouch + S key + spam hits+Dom Pedro=profit

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by metallica01 Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:30 am

Maintenance and new server are finally over. Laughing

What was done:
- Server maintenance
- Maintenance of all NEXON websites
- Server re-configured
-Charlie[Black Market] -> Platinum[Black Market] : 2 channels available
-Charlie[All]: Accessible to Every ranks with 10 channels available (New server)
- Fireteam not permitted anymore on Alpha server and FT rooms are limited per channel.
- New Black Lung map (very bad... no teamplay, no strategy, just press fire button against 1000 zombies)

About the latency problems:
- Some say it got better and they don't lag anymore
- Some say it's still the same or even worst (though it was better immediately after the maintenance but got bad after some time)
- For me, I just played Black Lung a couple of times and it's laggy as hell Evil or Very Mad (CA stops/freezes and zombies are owning me when it gets back). Didn't play much lately. Basically, I think my PC may contribute a bit for my lag but CA has undoubtedly serious issues.

Let the repack come.

metallica01
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:34 am

wait....PLATINUM?
WHO THE FU- SPENDS THAT MUCH!?

lol didn't I say earlier on the EU forums that black lung is terrible.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:12 am

Black Lung is challenging.

And Zirrick, refrain from swearing k.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next