Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick

4 posters

Go down

Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick Empty Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick

Post by Hazarath Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:22 am

http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/5946189.aspx

Something we may WANT to consider IN THE FUTURE when we're focusing on game balance. I'm guessing in half a year or more ._.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick Empty Re: Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick

Post by mrfarhan Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 pm

It's his solution.

We can't just rip it off. Very Happy
unless he joins FFCA.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick Empty As long as I'm in the credits.

Post by Zirrick Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Hey, go ahead and use it.
Just don't implement setup times in conjunction with this. I had a huge problem with the original idea.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick Empty Re: Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick

Post by Hazarath Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 pm

:<

What if setup times were lessened by a lot?

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick Empty Give an example.

Post by Zirrick Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 am

Haz, I had a huge problem with setup times. That would mean they would be confined to sitting still, this implementation allows for free movement at the cost of waiting for an accurate shot.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:45 am

Yeah, so basically your idea is to make sniper rifles less newb-friendly which seems to be the problem with the DSR-1 and TPG-1 family.

But then again, this would affect sniper rifles in a huge way. I like the current sniping system, I just don't like OHK sniper rifles being too newb-friendly Neutral
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Very Impressive Sniper Rifle Rebalancing Solution by Zirrick Empty Yeah, I know.

Post by Zirrick Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:06 am

Well I get that...you don't think imposing a set-up time isn't a huge step as well.
I really don't think they'll notice a difference of ...0.275 seconds. But again this is to prevent future additions from nexon to be OP. And besides when most people do pin-point sniping, they stay still for about 2 seconds anyway, go look at kill creak.

Don't forget you guys are free to change up any of the "still" & "spread recovery" for individual guns how ever you guys see fit.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:11 am

Set-up time is a more long term solution.

The purpose of setting up new classes in the Sniper Rifle Category is to increase diversity.

You want a 100 accuracy 100 damage sniper or something similar? You get the camping sniper rifle. The only downside is that you have to set it up.

"I really don't think they'll notice a difference of ...0.275 seconds" Kinda contradicting here.

"But again this is to prevent future additions from nexon to be OP" I don't see how this can be a long term solution to balance in the SR class. Nexon will just release a new sniper rifle bypassing the spread and settling time.

But I guess your solution would be more appealing to the community since there are no drastic changes Razz
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:46 pm

yeah i know, eventually they'll abuse the spread thing. I've been rethinking the other ways to balance them out.
Possibly give any SR's that exceeds 98 accuracy M39-like scope-sway (save for the M24a3).

I just really wished they'd diversify their gun classes, they can only add so many before it starts becoming ridiculous and well knowing nexon ,they usually doesn't take steps backwards (except for the M14 EBR, that was lame and I've given up on that gun) as far as gun performance goes.

Idk, hows this. Add in the set-up time with mine, mix it together & see what happens. Really we're small right now so garnering support for either would be tough. So to see which version should be pushed lets try this. I'll leave my version be (Static/Dynamic alone), you guys can pull ideas from mine as you see fit & blend it with any ideas you already have (set-up & static/dynamic hybrid). Then come up with a version that doesn't pull ideas from mine (set-up alone). Based on how the community reacts we could push for that one, or modify the popular one accordingly.

Last edited by Zirrick on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:56 pm

So... Are we at a conclusion for this? :/

Well, seeing as both ways will eventually fail due to Nexon's greed, at least our way promotes more diversity, yes?

I encourage you to use the scope-in settle time for other snipers, it's not a lost cause Surprised

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:31 pm

On another note, do you guys have an IM?
This delayed arguing is confusing, and will probably lead nowhere.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:46 pm

My only irk with this is that I'm a moving sniper: I'm not mister camp on top of a skiing slope and spray my gun without moving by being a easy headshot type of person.

This pretty much disables me to move around much and forces me to camp.

I don't try to get up close and personal, but I change spots A LOT. 2 seconds to wait for an accurate shot is going to get me killed a lot.
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:26 am

Yep lolpie. That's the problem. Sniping in CA as we know it will never be the same if all the sniper rifles have more settle time.

"Possibly give any SR's that exceeds 98 accuracy M39-like scope-sway (save for the M24a3) "

There aren't many sniper rifles with more than 98 accuracy. Maybe everything above 96 accuracy ?
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:04 am

um....adjust the settle times that I listed,? Idk, I just really don't think 2 SR's with near perfect accuracy & the ability to consistantly OHK everything should exist, but again its too late to scrap the guns. Set-up times don't sound so nice either. I'm guessing scrap the static/dynamic idea altogether, with the amount of feedback its getting its starting to lean that way.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:52 am

It's not that this idea is bad.

It looks like a short-term solution that would make DSR-1 and TPG-1 less newb-friendly, and balance out the newb-friendliness of other sniper rifles as well but Nexon will probably just add a new sniper rifle that has 0 settle time and 100 accuracy and 0 damage drop off as an NX Rare weapon in the future.

We need something more permanent, like ways to classify sniper rifles.
Let's say Nexon wants to add a 100 damage, 100 accuracy, high damage drop off weapon, it has to have limitations. For example a set-up time or a much higher spread. These limitations define which class a certain sniper rifle belongs to.

:O
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Well any idea we submit can be bended/skewed so that an OP gun can arise out of it. Really we should try to implement something small. I'm sorry but set-up times are in no way small, no matter how you look at it. Lets try to push a heavily modified version of this idea foreward. If nexon still gets around it then we have our answer to any of our future actions.

Side-note:
Check out the community forum here, Its got an idea of how to REALLY get things done. A world-wide FFCA, that represents all of combat arms(NA/EU).

Another Side-Note:
Does anyone know that the Instant Messenger System is on the very bottom of the page?
I didn't know that, well partly because no one is on, It'd make things easier for this thread to have large gains in progress to the actual topic, instead of gaining more replies because we're argueing.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Zirrick wrote:Well any idea we submit can be bended/skewed so that an OP gun can arise out of it. Really we should try to implement something small. I'm sorry but set-up times are in no way small, no matter how you look at it. Lets try to push a heavily modified version of this idea foreward. If nexon still gets around it then we have our answer to any of our future actions.

Side-note:
Check out the community forum here, Its got an idea of how to REALLY get things done. A world-wide FFCA, that represents all of combat arms(NA/EU).

Another Side-Note:
Does anyone know that the Instant Messenger System is on the very bottom of the page?
I didn't know that, well partly because no one is on, It'd make things easier for this thread to have large gains in progress to the actual topic, instead of gaining more replies because we're argueing.

Yes, I did notice that. Herpderp secret post boost?
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:54 pm

I don't understand, then how would a heavily modified version be any different from a smaller version in terms of getting screwed over by Nexon?

Btw, I have an idea to prevent Nexon from taking our ideas and corrupting them with their greed:

We set guidelines for Nexon.

How this works:

Say Nexon wants a sniper that's TPG-1 but even less tankable. We set up a system where Nexon HAS to follow a certain guideline where if they want to make a sniper less tankable, they have to give it an accuracy disadvantage. IF they want to give this gun YYY advantage over XXX gun, they have to give it ZZZ disadvantage.

Etc.

See how this would prevent future OP weapons? Very Happy

If Nexon ever breaks the guideline they promised to follow(Like how they came out with DSR-1 Tactical), we can simply rally. After all, the reason why FAAT succeeded was because we got enough people to rally Razz

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Hazarath wrote:I don't understand, then how would a heavily modified version be any different from a smaller versi
How this works:

Say Nexon wants a sniper that's TPG-1 but even less tankable. We set up a system where Nexon HAS to follow a certain guideline where if they want to make a sniper less tankable, they have to give it an accuracy disadvantage. IF they want to give this gun YYY advantage over XXX gun, they have to give it ZZZ disadvantage.

If Nexon ever breaks the guideline they promised to follow(Like how they came out with DSR-1 Tactical), we can simply rally. After all, the reason why FAAT succeeded was because we got enough people to rally Razz

Or we could find some way to classify the sniper rifles into smaller categories. Each category will have something that makes the weapons in them unique. If you want to introduce a weapon that has YYY advantage, it will fall into the category where all sniper rifles have YYY advantage. Each category will also have the same disadvantage. Something that counters the YYY advantage such that having a really high YYY will not make the weapon OP. So all these sniper rifles will have YYY advantage and PPP disadvantage.

It's a little hard to explain lol.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:46 pm

I get what your saying but requires...lots of time...complex math equations...and again lots of time.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:04 pm

We don't really have to figure out the complex stuff. Just have to figure out a big picture of how this system would work and then present it to the pubbs.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down