Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10

+8
MSM
T-A-N-K-3-R
adrw
(MI6) lolpierandom
Hazarath
MMZephyr
Jarfer
Slayer_of_1
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What issue should the FFCA take action on in the next few weeks?

Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_lcap59%Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_rcap 59% 
[ 20 ]
Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_lcap32%Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 11 ]
Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_lcap3%Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_lcap6%Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_lcap0%Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 Empty Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10

Post by Slayer_of_1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:00 pm

What should the FFCA start working on first? Tell us what issue means the most to you above.

*Note: this poll will run for 5 days.
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

https://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 Empty Re: Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10

Post by Jarfer Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:55 pm

The less lag the better. For the most part I can manage, but the framerate gets murdered by mines and medkits often and sometimes the screen gets syrupy for apparently no reason whatsoever. I know many other people have this problem even with a better graphics card, so it's definitely an issue that should be addressed.

A game unplayable due to lag can't even begin to address issues like hacking, weapon balance, or bugs. Some players might as well be watching a slideshow presentation for goodness sake.
Jarfer
Jarfer
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Jarfer wrote:The less lag the better. For the most part I can manage, but the framerate gets murdered by mines and medkits often and sometimes the screen gets syrupy for apparently no reason whatsoever. I know many other people have this problem even with a better graphics card, so it's definitely an issue that should be addressed.

A game unplayable due to lag can't even begin to address issues like hacking, weapon balance, or bugs. Some players might as well be watching a slideshow presentation for goodness sake.

Agreed. One thing that might help out would be the repack, which I believe is "in progress", and to be done bit by bit, through each patch.

Also, Nexon is running Combat Arms on the same types of servers that they use with Maplestory, Poptag, and other (graphic-ly speaking) low-resource games. To get some servers optimized for FPS gaming would reduce ping (therefore reducing registry lag) and general gameplay would be much smoother.
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MMZephyr Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah, they should improve the servers and fix the problems that cause lag. Then people can actually enjoy this game.

MMZephyr
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Few things wrong with the poll:

People need to vote on what to do 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th,etc. Not just 1st.

You're posting on Nexon forums afterwards right?

You took into consideration EVERY aspect of the major issues thread when creating poll options? I don't doubt you, just need to make sure you didn't exclude anything.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:10 pm

After server/latency problems, I would say to rebalance weapons.
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Hazarath wrote:Few things wrong with the poll:

You took into consideration EVERY aspect of the major issues thread when creating poll options? I don't doubt you, just need to make sure you didn't exclude anything.

Yes, I am posting afterward.

The way this will run, is that the one with the most votes gets worked on first. We can create threads like these in the following months, after we fix each issue. These threads can be titled the same way I titled this one. EX: Course of Action mm/dd/yyyy.

Any objection to that? Just making a new poll after every month or two/after we experience success with our actions?
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:19 pm

No objections, sir!

On a more serious note, I think that would work fine. All we need now is more members, so we can use this as our rallying point. We will get CA back, if nexon stops being so stubborn.
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by MMZephyr Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Yay, Lag is winning! Wink

MMZephyr
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:29 pm

If I had to take a guess right now, I see that we're going to be starting on lag first.
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Slayer_of_1 wrote:

The way this will run, is that the one with the most votes gets worked on first. We can create threads like these in the following months, after we fix each issue. These threads can be titled the same way I titled this one. EX: Course of Action mm/dd/yyyy.

Any objection to that? Just making a new poll after every month or two/after we experience success with our actions?
oic. Sounds fine then.

You may want to make it so that they don't need to make an account to vote. I find that ridiculous D:

The voting should be same as when you made that poll for Kilo/delta vote. If people vote here, then the problem of laziness and time consuming wait period will turn off a lot of voters from participating.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by adrw Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Hacking. Please do something about the hacking problem.

adrw
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Hazarath wrote:
Slayer_of_1 wrote:

oic. Sounds fine then.

You may want to make it so that they don't need to make an account to vote. I find that ridiculous D:

The voting should be same as when you made that poll for Kilo/delta vote. If people vote here, then the problem of laziness and time consuming wait period will turn off a lot of voters from participating.

Okay! I'll enable guests to vote. Good idea.

I'll also repost the thread on the Nexon forums. Smile
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Enabling guest voting is fine too Surprised

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by T-A-N-K-3-R Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:34 pm

NO UR OVER-POWERED.

Hai.
K0PWNS btw.

Don't know if I'm posting introduction in the wrong place.

@Slayer

The hacking problem.
AhnLabs are responsible right? but nexon uses AhnLabs.
I wonder why they don't switch unless they have some time-contract with them or they just don't want to spend lol...

T-A-N-K-3-R
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:35 pm

AhnLabs is responsible for the hack patching, yes.

I dunno what their contract is. I think that punkbuster would be a better alternative. Rolling Eyes
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:37 pm

For those of you that voted hacking: You seriously get killed more by hackers than by lag?You guys must have supercomputers D:

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Slayer_of_1 wrote:AhnLabs is responsible for the hack patching, yes.

I dunno what their contract is. I think that punkbuster would be a better alternative. Rolling Eyes
Furthermore, what could FFCA do about hacking? I really don't see anything we can do D:

Unless someone has an idea that can get Ahnlabs to cooperate or something.

Chances of us affecting Ahnlabs' decisions in things seems nil :<

At best, we can simply get Nexon to focus more on their understaffed tech support team.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer_of_1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Well, it's their choice. Neutral
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 Empty Support.

Post by MSM Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Support.
Make it happen and tell us what to do.

MSM
New FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:24 pm

In my opinion, the most pressing issue affecting Combat Arms is lag, followed by hacking, bugs and glitches and weapon balance.

1. Lag/Latency issues
2. Hacking [big problem in lower CL servers]
3. Glitches [can be found everywhere, even on the game loading screen]
4. Weapon Balance [new weapons makes old weapons completely useless]

@Slayer what do you mean by community issues?
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:49 pm

i.e. powerleveling, harassment, E-mod abuse, etc.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotron228 Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:07 am

I say that the FFCA should work on a problem which effects Combat Arms the most that can be easily fixed, the lag issues. I would suggest hacking but seeing as no matter what the fps may be there will always be an Aimbot or Cham developed.

Anyways back to the point with a lag-less environment to play on in Combat Arms it will become allot more enjoyable for people with the computers that are not up-to date or the people managing with Dial-Up speed, ya know like back in '08?

As for Weapon Balance and Bugs/Glitches I don't really see the need of any changes to guns right now in the future it would be nice but I think people can cope with the guns we have right now. And with the glitches I don't really see many glitches which can be abused to your advantage apart from a Quarantine game.

As for Community Issues I do not under stand what it means so I will just leave it as it is.

Tldr Version:
I vote for EPIC LAG FIX

Gotron228
Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 am

Yep, hackers will always be there but maybe as a community we can press for better hack prevention methods?

Like General G said, there will be a repack sometime in the future. We can't really makes suggestions on how lag can be reduced to influence the repack, but we should petition for Constant Updates on the progress of the repack.

Bugs/Glitches - Quite a lot of them in CA actually. Shoulder-peeking, choking on the stairs, bypassing gates in Desert Thunder, grenades disappearing, just to name a few.

Weapon balance is actually an important matter. You see, Nexon releases ridiculously OP stuff to increase sales. This makes older weapons useless. Imagine releasing a very strong 3HK SMG with a P90TR rate of fire. This would outclass all other SMGs. It's unfair to players who own perm SMGs right?

As for Elite Moderator Abuse : http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/5965987.aspx
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Course of FFCA action, 10/16/10 Empty Well first and foremost, hacking.

Post by Zirrick Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:46 am

I really hoped they would go the route that is tried and true for ANY game.
Valve has a amazing (in comparison to hackshield/punkbusters) anti-hacking system.

For those of you who don't know its called VAC, Valve Anti-Cheat.
I had really wished that when Nexon and Valve had joined to create Vindictus they would let them in on VAC....

VAC has been proven to be better & allows the game to run faster than hackshield would, because on the server itself it moniters individual player behavior. Hackshield more runs a database scan of the available process running on the computer & other things...they remedied rez modding too with VAC.

But I digress, I just want Nexon to come up with their own damn server-side anti-cheat program. We wouldn't lag as much (because the server would be handling it, not our own) & we'd have less hackers (hackshield operates using our computers allowing hackers to directly see the program and pick it apart, they can't mess with a server-side one unless they had direct access to the server).

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:29 am

I'm no computer expert but it seems like Hackshield is too laid-back? It gets updated every month to patch hacks but they usually create new hacks the day after anyways.

What we need is an anti-cheat that searches our computer for illegal programs and then sends the information which has been compiled into a 'file' back to their servers, compare it to their database and then ban the file.

So this file have like your computer's identification number. If you tried to create a new account but the anticheat detects that you are playing on the banned computer, you won't be able to access to the game.

Something like that.
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:14 pm

mrfarhan wrote:I'm no computer expert but it seems like Hackshield is too laid-back? It gets updated every month to patch hacks but they usually create new hacks the day after anyways.

What we need is an anti-cheat that searches our computer for illegal programs and then sends the information which has been compiled into a 'file' back to their servers, compare it to their database and then ban the file.

So this file have like your computer's identification number. If you tried to create a new account but the anticheat detects that you are playing on the banned computer, you won't be able to access to the game.

Something like that.

Things we can do about hacking are limited: we don't know to what thins Nexon are bound to Ahnlabs by. However, we can pressure Nexon to have Ahnlabs do a better job.

Mrfanhan: That would be illegal to do without your consent, and no one the ToS anymore. Nexon would be bombarded with lawsuits if that was the case. Not to mention that is more or less keylogging.

However, there are a few things that are quite hard to change, like a computers MAC adress, and various other things, that would require PHYSICAL parts to be changed. Not many hackers would go to the extent of changing computer parts or buying a new computer just to hack CA for lulz.

As for weapon balancing: UGH, new weapons easily beat out old weapons, 'nuff said.

Lag issues: We can't do much about this, besides copypastaing the Nexon forums.
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Hazarath wrote:i.e. powerleveling, harassment, E-mod abuse, etc.

Double post fail: I couldn't read all of this earlier; was on a walk for cancer.

We can't really prevent that, powerleveling is a problem in itself. As for E-mod abuse, nexon themself has said that it's their room, they can do whatever they want short of powerleveling. The only thing we can do is report them, and move on. As for harassment, nexon pretty much ignores those reports, and if you post their names on the forums themselves, you're "harassing them"
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Post these ideas in the hacking solution subforum guys Surprised

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by THATSghetto Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:38 pm

My list:

1) Lag issues/latency
2) Bugs/glitches
3) Overpowered items
4) Hackers
5) community problems.

lag is a problem for everyone, even those with good computers have noticed a significant drop in their fps and how many shots register ever since the new HUD patch.

Bugs and glitches are just plain annoying. I was once playing a CTF clan game in short fuse when both teams had a flag, I went to the other spawn and killed their team, but I couldn't recover the flag before I respawned solely because I lagged and got time-warped back 2 seconds.

Overpowered items are a problem. For example, I think GP specialists should be unavaliable. I understand nexon needs to make their money and most of the people who buy nx specialists suck anyways and can be killed easily, but nexon makes no profit from the GP specialists and I just run into more high level vipers.

The reason I put hackers so low down on the list is because hacking is not as much of a problem as it used to be. Ever since gordon quit making hacks there have been nowhere NEAR as many hackers ingame. I feel a bit sorry for the lower levels, but I PERSONALLY have no major problems with hackers, because I only see a couple each week. Besides, a lot of the people complaining are just upset that there are people who are better than them.

Community problems happen on every game. Only if all the other problems are completely fixed would I ask nexon to fix this.
THATSghetto
THATSghetto
Full FFCA Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next