Fight For Combat Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senators, Representatives, Ambassadors, Citizens

5 posters

Go down

Senators, Representatives, Ambassadors, Citizens Empty Senators, Representatives, Ambassadors, Citizens

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:03 am

Representatives are here to represent the community in the CA forums, as we will need people to officiate for us. We are allowed to participate in debates, but cannot start them.

Senators are our leaders of debate, intellectual minds that help us balance, and make ideas better. You will start all major debates, and help fix otherwise unnoticable errors. All debates in Senator's sections are SENATE ONLY.

Ambassadors are our foreign reps, and will help us bridge the gap between the CA communities. We can bring good ideas from KR, BR, EU to NA, and bring good ideas to them as well.

Citizens are the most important part of FFCA, the body, what keeps us a free organization with the voice of the CA population. You guys can vote for what you want on anything outside of the Senators, Ambassadors, and Rep's respective zones. Feel free to post good input, and do whatever you want, besides trolling, and flaming.

Please note that these are a rough description; they are not your actual jobs completely.

Last edited by lolpierandom on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added ambassadors, Citizens description, colorfulness added.)
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Senators, Representatives, Ambassadors, Citizens Empty Re: Senators, Representatives, Ambassadors, Citizens

Post by Slayer_of_1 Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:06 pm

lolpierandom wrote:Representatives are here to represent the community in the CA forums, as we will need people to officiate for us. Senators are our leaders of debate, intellectual minds that help us balance, and make ideas better.

Well said.

Also, note that this is a general description, and not actual job descriptions. Also note that the rights of each will be equal.
Slayer_of_1
Slayer_of_1
Admin

https://ffca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Senators, Representatives, Ambassadors, Citizens Empty Re: Senators, Representatives, Ambassadors, Citizens

Post by Hazarath Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:13 am

Also note: Senates MAY NOT post threads stating what FFCA is doing on the Nexon forums, ONLY REPRESENTATIVES can do that as well as certain select members with similar or higher powers, like Slayer.

Also remember that having power does not mean you have more or less rights than the common citizen. Even a representative can be banned for inappropriate conduct just as a citizen would.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarhan Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Hey but I'm a citizen. I post stuff in Nexon forums too, to ask for ideas/feedback Surprised
mrfarhan
mrfarhan
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:52 pm

And look at what happened with the thread.

If we allow citizens to post FFCA threads, we will be flamed til no tomorrow.

We need to strictly reinforce this rule that only representatives can post FFCA threads. citizens and senators at most can POST about FFCA on other threads, but not make an entire thread.

The reason why your thread was flamed so much was because it lacked organization. It was only you and me talking, it didn't incorporate any of the other 30+ members opinions. We assumed that this talk was enough, but apparently, it wasn't.

Furthermore, it was unorganized in the sense that you wrote some stuff on there we didn't 100% agree on.

I very much want a buff for MSG-90, of which you thought is fine. Your post DID NOT include everyone's opinions.

But to ask you, or anyone else, to create a perfect thread from the get-go would be impossible of me to ask. We need to be more organized. It was more my fault than your fault that the sniper thread was doomed to fail. I assumed that that was all the organization needed to create a successful thread. I was wrong.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Hey, Senators shouldn't be the only ones argueing, they should just start the initial argument.
Citizens have to be able to have their voices heard, its the senators job to bring up the idea, but the combined efforts of the citizens and senators to refine an idea.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:47 pm

The problem with citizens arguing is that some of them are less than qualified to debate. i.e. What if a 12 year old signed up? Sure, I'd welcome him/her to support FFCA, but participate in a debate? Nah.

Do you understand?

Exceptions can be made for becoming a senate. Citizens are encouraged to sign up to be senates or more.

When I first came up with FFCA, I imagined senates to be very much like irl:

They REPRESENT CITIZENS' OPINIONS, NOT THEIR OWN.

Sort of like a lawyer.

Senates that argue for their own sake rather than voice the opinion of the community will receive a warning to start listening to the community, and if they keep arguing for their own self benefit rather than the benefit of the community, they will be stripped of their status.

If there are flaws with this, please point them out for me.

Citizens will still have their voices heard. They should be posting their opinions, then senates should be taking those opinions and backing them up with an argument.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Hazarath wrote:The problem with citizens arguing is that some of them are less than qualified to debate. i.e. What if a 12 year old signed up? Sure, I'd welcome him/her to support FFCA, but participate in a debate? Nah.

Do you understand?

Exceptions can be made for becoming a senate. Citizens are encouraged to sign up to be senates or more.

When I first came up with FFCA, I imagined senates to be very much like irl:

They REPRESENT CITIZENS' OPINIONS, NOT THEIR OWN.

Sort of like a lawyer.

Senates that argue for their own sake rather than voice the opinion of the community will receive a warning to start listening to the community, and if they keep arguing for their own self benefit rather than the benefit of the community, they will be stripped of their status.

If there are flaws with this, please point them out for me.

Citizens will still have their voices heard. They should be posting their opinions, then senates should be taking those opinions and backing them up with an argument.

Dangerous ground haz, dangerous ground. I'm 13. Not all of us 15- peoples are mindless Z0MGRAG3H3X0RZ twats. ._.
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Also, another side note: For the most part, I agree with your statement. The kids in my school, and most kids my age are idiots. However, certain people like me can reduce people to tears by eating up their ill-thought arguments.
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Those who are not mindless sign up for a seat in the senate chair, simple.

I seriously do not like the 1 year+ gaming experience slayer put up, as it limits a lot of people. I kind of expected a 4 month requirement, not something this large... but w/e.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:20 am

*updated thread*
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:59 pm

welll, see this is strange because in the mission statement I put "remember, no-ones voice is worth more than anothers" and this contradicts this statement. I really think that the senate can be the only ones that start initial posts/arguments about the topics in the senate debate area, but citizens are welcome to input two replies, while senators have unlimited replies. Because some of us may have a vested interest within certain areas, and refuse to budge on the topics. So either I change up the mission statement, or change the definition/power of senator/senate.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Citizens DO have the right to post their input.

Limiting it to two would be kind of unfair imo D:

Why won't both unlimited not work? B/c it's majority wins. Doesn't matter if we have 20% disagreeing, when 80% agree.

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:24 am

alright but we have to clearly define each of their roles.
So far the ambassador/representatives got it cut-out.
Alright so the senators will be the only ones able to post within the senate debate area, but everyone can voice their input. Sounds about right. Then I guess to balance that out the EVERYONE can post unlimited times. Sounds great.

I was asking because I need to be crystal clear about the abilities of each role, I'd get flamed to no end with everyone if there was a position of power in the FFCA.

So someone clearly define their roles so I can add it in to the final draft of the "Re-establishing FFCA" thread. We've got to get that thing going.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Updated again guys, more comments. I will also add new parts if we have new roles.
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:56 am

Dude, the senate should be the only guys allowed to post within the senate's domain within the forums, but EVERYONE should be able to reply to them.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazarath Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:29 am

Clarify please Zirrick? What do you mean by reply?

Hazarath
Good Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 pm

lolpierandom wrote:All debates in Senator's sections are SENATE ONLY.

this.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by (MI6) lolpierandom Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Zirrick wrote:Alright so the senators will be the only ones able to post within the senate debate area

You said yourself to put that in ._.
(MI6) lolpierandom
(MI6) lolpierandom
Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Zirrick Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:00 pm

no, I meant CREATE threads.
they are the only ones able to CREATE threads.
EVERYONE should be able to REPLY to them.

come on by reply to a thread I mean post on it (ie: click the reply button, what I just did).

I occasionally get the words post, thread, & reply, confused.

Zirrick
Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down